View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Sep 25, 2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpaintergeril View Post
Good work mister! Its hard to make things in UDK1, as long as i can remember... anyway i have some Jazz Jackrabbit model. Most of them is high poly made for UDK3, but maybe the lod, or the early ones are portable to UnrealED1.0... i made them in blender, i can export to PSK, if you interested...
Cool Story Bro
up pic

(sry about my English)
Heh, that looks awesome!
I wouldn't mind checking those out, although the thing with UE1 is that you can only use +- low poly models, so if you have any of those, that'd be perfect. UE1 can only use morph target type of animation. Because of this, the vertices are placed on a 3d grid, and they can only move a certain amount in any direction - this is why, if you take a closer look, the animations in a lot of UE1 games look kind of liquid-ish.

Besides, a really high poly model in UE1 wouldn't really look all that good, because the environments are so basic (It wouldn't go together that well). It'd be perfect for some pre-rendered graphics, though (Actually I'm planning on including something like that here and there).

Also, I'm still trying to port Jazz3 data over to Unreal 227, if that succeeds, I might actually end up using skeletal meshes, instead.

P.S.
Not entirely sure if PSK will do here, it's what UDK (UE3) reads, right?
How about some more tradicional file formats? I actually use Blender myself, so if you want, you can just use the source *.Blend file.

Last edited by JazzGruff; Sep 25, 2012 at 05:16 AM.