Thread: LMAT 2011
View Single Post

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Sep 4, 2011, 06:19 AM
LMAT 2011

Well, since there weren't any objections in the last LMAT thread, I'm going ahead with this one.
The last LMAT has pretty much died out, due to issues over the theme, mismatched graphics, and general confusion at the beginning over what tiles were being used. For this one, I'm going to try and keep things slightly more coherent.

RULES
  • Please keep your additions unique, and don't post tiles from other sets, LMAT or otherwise, if you can help it. Obvious exceptions for things like destruct scenery symbols.
  • Try not to use too many colours in your tiles, so as to make it easier later to convert the set into an 8-bit image.
  • If you don't like some of the tiles, try to fix them rather than removing them, or ask somebody else to try.
  • Likewise, don't overwrite others' tiles just because you think yours are better.
  • Be polite. We don't need a flamewar.
  • Use common sense when adding tiles. If it wouldn't be allowed on j2o, don't add it.
  • If you post criticism, make sure it's constructive criticism. General complaining won't help anyone.

As to the art style, it would be a lot better long-term to go with an 8-bit art style as opposed to 16-bit Photoshop stuff. It makes it easier for others to join in. I'd suggest an art style similar to Aftermath, as it worked quite well.

Also, before any drawing begins, there needs to be some sort of decision about the theme. The last one had an Elemental Space Temple theme, but I think it was less practical than it sounded, as the 'space' part of it only really consisted of a black background with stars. Should we:
A. Stick with the current theme?
B. Choose a different theme?
C. Go without a theme like most of the previous LMATs?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by Obi1mcd; Mar 21, 2012 at 07:32 AM.