View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 1, 2015, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Well, Domination is a gamemode introduced in Plus that initially didn't have levels other than Blur's example. It's still underplayed with only a handful of good levels, but that doesn't mean any unique gamemode requiring new level designs hasn't got potential.
That and flag run are as far as I know the only exceptions so far, and only introduced because they were directly inspired by the success of those modes in other games. The main difference between then and now, as already brought up by Violet last time somebody suggested a game mode, is that back then there were no publicly available tools required by level designers to make such custom modes work. There are now. If a mode that requires specially designed levels becomes popular enough, as in, there will be enough levels made specifically for it, we may consider implementing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
I've seen decent maps on Elecrton's server.
My statement was purely and directly motivated by extensive knowledge regarding the quality of levels on said server.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Mar 1, 2015 at 04:58 AM.