View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Aug 12, 2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
This sounds very much like the original, buggy way the Rocket Turtle used to 'work'. You didn't perhaps use Save & Run without first editing your JCS.ini with the Plus additions, right? Otherwise you've just solved your own bug report: the level gets corrupted if you save it in JCS without the right JCS.ini additions in place. Try a redownload of the level and play it from the HCL list, see if that solves it for you. If it does, read this to find out what you need to do if you want to edit the level in JCS (or if you just want to use Save & Run). If it still doesn't work, please report back.

This would require JJ2 to load the new level without unloading the previous one, which is technically a bit hellish (though not impossible, I must say). I'd rather solve this by simply not crashing if there are no start positions. It's a lot simpler to do. JJ2 doesn't crash in single player either; I figure we could just make that behaviour the default in online games too.

I remember having had a chat about this with Violet and cooba; I figure we could include the cache folder when searching for j2l's, j2t's and j2as files, if the root didn't contain the required file.

Hmm, a "current level details" command or so of some sort would do the trick. Maybe eventually. But if I'm not mistaken, don't we have standalone tools that do this already?

It's always good to report or tell about the bugs you know about, even if it's just for expressing the coolness of them... you're making me curious! There are already some bugs that don't get fixed because they are considered cool or useful, so don't worry- we won't break your level. But please share your knowledge!
It's ok if you don't do it the way I suggested. As long it doesn't crash the game, it should be fine.

I'll point out a few animation errors. I'll post the level where I found interesting bugs sometime, when I polish it up. Anyway, the animation error that bugs me the most is Lori's crouch. It's supposed to look like this:

http://postimg.org/image/e80j5tyf7/

With the current bugged crouch sprite, it makes the hitbox bigger than it's supposed to. This animation error is likely caused because it uses the same amount of frames as the Jazz/Spaz crouch sprite, probably because the devs assumed it used the same amount, and had no time to fix it.

Here's another animation error, caused by the same frame assumption of Jazz/Spaz. 11 frames are used. It looks like they're all used, until you compare it in-game.

http://postimg.org/image/ut0rbxrgx/

A weird lori animation error is the framerate of her being idle increases after she gets the tripping sprite. There's another Lori animation error, but it's more complicated to explain (lets just say for now that it's to do with an idle sprite).

Another animation bug is that if you hold on capslock/run or jump while eva is kissing you, you won't get the transition animation (from frog to rabbit). This happens with all characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
I don't believe that this is true.

Anyway, the rocket turtle problem you listed was fixed a while back, and IIRC resulted from something being hooked in the wrong place in TSF (but not in 1.23).

As for Devan boss animations, what are you trying that isn't working?
This old thread explains it, in the middle of Devan jumping for a split second I get the "Chris is a redneq" sprite which looks funny and has no masking, which can cause him to fall out of the level.
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=13168

I re-downloaded the level and opened it from HCL and it still doesn't work. Does TSF hook things differently?

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Aug 12, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: images didnt view