View Single Post

JCF Member

archer has disabled reputation

Jun 2, 2021, 06:20 AM
I have been working on improving my game engine a lot in the past few weeks. I have also released a few alpha preview versions on most platforms I have it running on, and even added two new ones! The new list of platforms my version can run on is:
- Linux (not released)
- Raspberry Pi (also not released)
- GameCube
- Wii
- Wii U
- 3DS
- PlayStation 2

For each of these platforms I have threads in their respective section on the GBATemp forums. Seeing how much this thread is viewed here I thought it would be good to give a little status update.

While it runs on many platforms, the actual gameplay is still not complete. Collisions work but are glitchy. Batteries can be collected but the super batteries sometimes don't. Floating platforms and belts can be stand on and doors are solid. Most other objects are purely decoration at the moment

To make things work more like the original I might be asking more specific questions on this forum in the future. My plans are to have the same game engine...one day...also run Jazz 2 Looking at the AngelScript documentation makes my head spin about the possibilities and flexibility of the original Jazz2 engine. Knowing what objects are available and how they can be accessed are mostly the things I am looking at. I was pleasantly suprised I was already heading in the right direction with putting the events into an object list, instead of the HUGE array of config words that's loaded from the J2L file!

Last edited by archer; Jun 2, 2021 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Updated list of platforms with links to GBATemp