Thread: Project Carrot
View Single Post
Soulweaver

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Oct 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
Thank you to everyone for the feedback even though so little was new Yes, Slaz, I did read your comment on YT and answered to it as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
Very impressive video! I think noone ever got further than you making a new jj2 game (correct me if I'm wrong). Another important thing is multiplayer (online), do you think you can manage to make that work on the long run?
I haven't really kept an eye on other projects to know anything else than that no complete engine should be around, as you said. I've never written a single line of online code, but damn sure I will try to make online play possible as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
Impressive! While I still have plans to make whole new JJ game, though life gets in the way, my pet feels abandoned, etc., I am impressed. One question: Is this reimplementation of Jazz or Jazz2 engine?

//edit: Also, after engine will be done (as in it could run original game flawlessly), perhaps easier to use level editor would be good? JCS is damn hard - still didn't find out how to set backgrounds (lack of it makes character/enemies/tiles leave ugly "trail") or import custom tilesets.
If you mean by your question whether I'm using any old code, the answer is no. PC is a Jazz 2 engine clone built from ground up without any reverse-engineered code from the original.

I will be writing a new level editor once it becomes relevant enough, and I would need to at some point anyway if I ever wanted to expand the event set beyond the current one. So far the only thing even remotely related is this Qt UI file from July; no code using it exists, it's just a quick (heavily JCS-based) design sketch.

And the background problem got already explained above