View Single Post

JCF Member

rdr666 has disabled reputation

May 8, 2018, 02:09 PM
Smile One of my inspirations

I didn't play Jazz 1 until a few years ago, but Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was one of my first games ever. It got me and my younger brother into games and we would spend countless hours after school playing it together.

It's also one of the games that inspired me to be a developer. I am not in the industry just yet, but I'm in school taking classes to be a game designer and eventually work my way up to being a creative director. Nobody in my school aside from some of my professors have even heard of it, but everyone I show the series to ends up loving it. <3

I would DIE in happiness if I had it signed :')
I'm also planning on making a video review of both games sometime soon when I get the physical copies.

My favorite memory would have to be one day when my little brother and I were playing deathmatches on it for cookies. My mom made us a pretty big batch of our favorite cookies and put them in a bowl. Every time one of us killed the other, we got a cookie. (ie if he killed me, he got one). It was raining that day, and every time I play the game in the laboratory level and hear that music (and the first level music) it reminds me of that day. We ended up getting our even smaller brother into the game too, and last christmas we played the christmas levels and had an absolute blast! (pun intended haha) except we played with him for gingerbread cookies. Fun times.

I would also like to use this post to thank the developers for making the game. (if they are actually reading this.) This small gem of a game has made such a huge impact on me, my life, and my career and It's a treasure that I will hold to my heart forever.