View Single Post

JCF Member

Dominator_101 has disabled reputation

May 12, 2018, 10:48 AM
Jazz 2 was probably one of the most prominent games of my childhood. We didn’t have it on our home computer, but almost every time we were over our grandmother’s house my brother and I would find ourselves playing. My older brother usually played as Jazz, but I much preferred his crazy younger brother Spaz (maybe there’s some parallels you could draw there…). I remember hating the dang bees in Diamondus (which I still do today) and trying time and time again to beat the freakin' Medivo boss (who I can now kill in like 5 seconds). I usually started in Episode 2 because I loved the colony levels, even though those fencer guys would still get the best of me. I even remember tinkering around with JCS and making a couple levels, though I can’t speak to their quality :P

And now years later, at the risk of sounding super cheesy, I even have the opportunity to create new memories with the game I loved as a kid by joining the speedrunning community. If you told me as a kid that I’d eventually be able to beat all of Jazz 2 in under 20 minutes I don’t think I would’ve ever believed you. Even in the short time I’ve been a part of the community I’ve had a great time (And gotten some great times too!...I’ll see myself out…). I hope I continue to love this game and keep improving my skills. I mean, someone’s gotta try and keep the pressure on Binary :P

Also, i don't claim to even remotely be an artist, but thought I'd give it a shot and draw the best idle animation in gaming.

I should've gone a little darker with the colors, they got kinda washed out in the scan.