View Single Post

JCF Member

MartiusR has disabled reputation

May 12, 2018, 02:39 PM
My favourite memory - I remember up to this day, how my (and my sibling's) adventure with Jazz 2 began. It was during Children's Day (in Poland - 1st June), when we could choose some game for our PC. I remember that I've convinced my younger sibling (2 brothers, sister was back then very young and didn't play on PC yet) to choose Jazz Jackrabbit 2: Secret Files (edition with "merged" JJ2 and JJ2: SF add-on) - game, which we didn't hear earlier. My older brother, who was always "against" me, decided to choose some old Sierra's racing game for DOS. Fortunately, in the end, our father bought us both games, as the one chosen by me was rather cheap (20 polish zlotys). I remember that I couldn't wait to check it, as we had back then Windows Millenium on our PC, which was causing issues to some Windows games (not to mention about DOS games). Back in this day I've come back from school later than all my sibling, but when I came home, they told me, that Jazz is working fine, it's in polish version as well and that it's very cool game. I was happy before I've even started to play the game - and later it was only better and better (BTW - game chosen by my brother didn't launch, he probably never managed to play in it :P)

Sadly, I no longer have mentioned copy, as (probably) one of my sibling have borrowed it years ago to someone, who appareantly didn't gave it back. But with GOG's release I don't have to worry about it anymore (bought it instantly when it was released)

Up to this day Jazz 2 is for me one of the most important games of childhood, and game which I can get back anytime and still have with it some fun. I like the fact that this game was back in early 2000' extremely popular in Poland (probably still is ) and that I had opportunity to "jump in" and also have a taste of carrots and blasters