View Single Post

JCF Member

NazoKG has disabled reputation

May 13, 2018, 06:10 AM
My favourite memory of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was finally finding it again after years of searching, and getting to re-discover it like it was the first time.
When I was young, we lived in Poland and there weren't that many PC games around that we could get our hands on, but one of the games that I remember playing for hours was Jazz Jackrabbit 2. It was the stuff of dreams, with tight controls, beautiful graphics and extremely catchy music.
When my family had to move abroad due to economic reasons, we couldn't take the computer with us, so I had to leave it all behind.
Years later, I began searching for the game again but since I was young at the time that I played it, I couldn't remember the title of the game. I did end up finding it after some intensive web-searching, and once I downloaded it onto my PC and started playing it, it felt like I was a 6 year old once again, having just as much fun as I did back then.
But the best part was that, since this was so long ago that I beat the game, I got the chance to re-live the experience for a second time - not something I can say about a lot of games that I played. It's like playing it for the first time, but still going "Hey, I remember this!" when you enter a new level. The laboratory level from JJ2 is still one of my favourite levels in video games to this day.

I also did a drawing of Jazz and Spaz together!
https://imgur.com/iGsZA4o