View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

May 13, 2018, 06:27 AM
I have uploaded a level made for this occasion. I hope to also release the utility used to create it shortly, once it offers more options and a more user-friendly experience.

I have many fond memories of JJ2. I was thinking of describing all of them that would come to mind but no one wants to read that. Jazz, or I guess more precisely Spaz, has been my companion for something like 18 years and there would be a lot to write.

I decided to pick one from 2011. Back then I was still part of the first clan I ever joined, named \NF/, for Nameless Frontline. It was a capable clan with some skilled players, but more importantly it consisted of many people who had shown me kindness in my first days in the community.

TreyLina had just recently left CDF and told me about an idea for a clan of her own she had had in mind for a while, named CoTD - Commanders of Tactical Destruction. This was near the beginnings of our relationship and the idea of being in a clan together with my girlfriend appealed to me. I said my goodbyes to NF and we registered the new clan on jjnet. We gained some more members who were mostly Trey's JJ2 friends, although not competitive players. We might've played some ladder matches. I was happy to be in the clan.

I don't remember which side came out with the proposition, but negotiations began to merge CoTD with NF. I thought the idea was neat. I could be in a clan with my girlfriend and my friends. I was all for it. The fusion happened and resulted in TFC - Tactical Frontline Commanders.

This clan existed for just shy of 24 hours and played a total of 2 ladder matches. The day after the fusion, it turned out that one of the members of NF was unhappy with the name change. That was all it took to undo the merge. There was an unforeseen consequence to it: to handle the merge on the site, Nerd, a leader of NF and a jjnet admin, only archived NF, but deleted CoTD, which had so little history it didn't seem worth preserving to him. When TFC fell apart, it was only possible to restore NF, and CoTD would have to be started anew. When I said CoTD "might've" played some ladder matches, that's because I can't actually check - the match history of the clan, if any, was permanently lost. Trey was frustrated; for good reason, although perhaps disproportionately to the situation. She didn't want to restart the clan.

We started having relationship trouble around the same time. We weren't doing much together as a couple and the breakup of the clan didn't help. There were deeper underlying issues, but to me at the time it seemed like a lot of it happened because of JJ2 clans. I told Nerd about it some time later. He was sorry. He said he didn't realize that his actions, simply meant to keep a good JJ2 clan, could have negative impact on my relationship. They probably really didn't, or shouldn't have, but I think that's something a friend should say. I felt like we bonded that day.

CoTD was eventually revived at some point for a brief period of several months. It had a team battle victory rate of 100%. Trey disbanded the clan when most of the members, herself included, left to join aEs. I wasn't interested and I believe I subsequently joined -t3>, the last clan I've ever been in.

It was only much later that Trey and I actually solved most of our relationship issues. I like to think that we are the JJ2 couple; together for years and still active in the community. We get to meet regularly now and I wholeheartedly love her. So despite some negative events surrounding it, I still cherish the memory of the one time we were in a clan together.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.