View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

May 13, 2018, 07:55 AM
Late to the party but here we go..

It's hard to think of a single good memory, so I'll make a timelime-esque post;

In my youngest days (early 2000's, I think), I used to play splitscreen against my brother. We had a blast playing race and I was terrible at battle/CTF, with the standard "stand and shoot and hope he's stupid enough to fall into my trap" strategy. We find our old copy of JJ2 many years later during 2009, and I kick his ass in treasure and he never plays again. He thinks I'm a legendary player now, but I tell him that's just because he hasn't watched better ones.

Then I played online for the first time, stomping randomers in public servers. I got recruited to CDF by Kev, the first clan I was in. I started off playing as Jazz and would be like "Am I the only one who plays him?". Jokes on me, because then that gets affirmed even more to Switching to Lori.

I discovered TSF very late when I wondered why someone had a glitchy sprite, and was apparently a character called Lori. People would say she sucks and is "not worth it" but that only made me more curious in obtaining TSF. Cue the "lol lori" comments when I started playing her.

It was satisfying finally getting the respect, so I'd say it was worth the effort despite handicapping myself.

I eventually got into a relationship with Laro (it just happened), the CDF clan leader. He comes over to meet me once soon then.

I had some good memories with clan-exclusive gatherings containing lots of members around, silly meetings/mess-abouts with many who have long moved-on now. In fact I made a nostalgic screenshot thread including some of those. Sadly most of mine have died on there because of postimg dying out, but they still remain on my desktop HDD.

Eventually, Laro loses interest in me, and we sort of part ways. We didn't end on bad terms though.

Skip foward past Sir Ementalers story, and I got into levelmaking more, finally completing a new level since 3 years of struggling to complete anything. Now I have become a somewhat prolific JCSer, too.

JJ2 has indirectly taught me a whole lot about level and game design, along with critique (better than school ever did haha), which I got to give props for.

Past that, and I was responsible for setting up many contests and events, like the Precious Booty Treasure contest, 3 Unniversary Bashes, Ground Force Get together and some lesser significant ones. My favourite memory from them was near the end of Unniversary Bash 2, where I put on single player mode and we all blasted with a firework of bullet spam. It really went out with a bang!

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ