View Single Post

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

May 13, 2018, 08:50 AM
Hard to pick just one...

It all started in 2003. I was almost 4 years old when I played the "green and red bunnies game" for the very first time. I liked it the moment I started playing it. The cartoony graphics and catchy music were very appealing for me as a little kid.

You could say that JJ2 was actually kind of popular at the time. Every kid I knew had it on their PC at home. In preschool it was one of the things ma gang and I would usualy talk about.

Believe it or not, everyone, including me, thought that the game was hard. Most of us couldn't even beat the Carrotus levels, though we all passed the Shareware Demo episode. I remember struggling with the Schawrtzengard (or whatever the guy's name is).

But later I started playing with my sister on splitscreen mode. It was really fun and I don't think any game can make me feel as excited as I was back then. Together we got to the rest of the game, with our powers combined we were able to beat them all!

I remember when we got to Medivo level two, where we lost a lot of lives trying to beat the boss. We encountered the bug where the boss would respawn along with you at the checkpoint upon dying! But insteas of trying to kill him there, we were running away from him, rushing through the zig-zag passages of Hare Scare. We eventualy got to the boss arena, with him following us along the way, and finished him off! To this day, the Medivo music is my favourite one in the game.

I remember us having lots of fun in Jungle level two, playing around with the rolling rocks and swinging vines.
The flesh trees in Inferno were the coolest things we've seen throughout the entire game, along with the gargoyles in Medivo and the background in Damn. We had no trouble playing the Hell levels, until we made it to the good ol' Devil Devan boss. We just knew that it had to be the final one. We were running out of lives and weren't killing him any faster. We each had one life left when we thought we killed him, but then we were shocked: Devan turned into Devil Devan, and killed me! My sister had to fight on her own! We were lucky enough that the boss glitched out and was throwing fireballs only at my bunny's corpse, so my sister eventualy killed him. We were sooooooo happy!! I was later the hotshot in preschool because I was the very first kid there that finished the game!

Later I was able to pass it by myself without losing any lives, and who knows how many times I actually did it.

Many many years later, in 2013, I was playing JJ2 again and found out it had online multiplayer! I was bored of some other multiplayer games I was playing at the time and decided to give JJ2 a shot! I instantly fell in love as it had something that other communities don't: a generally friendly playerbase. I quickly made some friends and joined the clan eko>, where many of my friends were. Had a blast playing mostly test levels with them.

Later, sadly, most of them left the game, including the clan's leader, so I left the clan and was looking for a new one. Given that most of the clans were CTF clans, I started playing CTF too. In 2014 I joined Pre>, later moved to CDF, where I played a couple of fun ladders. I noticed how the competetive scene was dying, so in 2015 I left CDF to start my own clan, -fB>. I quickly recruited a couple of members, most notably CS who wasn't the favorite person in the community because of his short temper. He had a fight with someone in CDF, so he left them and joined my team. We played a couple of ladder matches and even had one victory, but... Most of them didn't end well. CS decided he was sick of losing and left. All my hopes for making a new great clan were shattered when my PC died... I wasn't able to play JJ2 for a year and a half.

I came back wholesale in October 2016. I joined the revived clan GpW, letting go of all of my dreams of leading a new big clan, but I don't regret it. I'm still in GpW and I think I had a small role in keeping the clan alive. I love playing with everyone in GpW. I truly think that a clan needs a group of players who like eachother to be a good clan, rather than a group of pro players who barely even play together.

I had fun making levels too! Not planning to stop anytime soon!

There you have it. I don't want any of the prizes here as I think there are much older and more hardcore Jazz fans than I am.