Thread: LMAT (February)
View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Feb 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooba
If one wanted to have a forest tileset with a castle, he could have just used Chateau.
Chateau doesn't have enough of a forest element if you ask me. There aren't that many sets that do the forest/castle theme well either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
I am fine with the idea of the tileset having multiple themes, but I don't think those shiny bricks are the ideal solution. The nature/castle theme is a fairly simple concept, and has been done many times, particularly in JJ1. If I wanted to make one of those levels I would probably use Exoticus or Nature's Ruins. I second the vote for the bricks not being a good addition to the tileset, although I also have nothing against them on their on own.
It doesn't have to be just a nature/castle theme either. I mostly don't want it to be only a forest tileset (which I was assuming that's what Cooba wanted). There's not much you can add to the basic forest theme that hasn't been done in some other tileset. The metal part can be changed (though I still think it should stay in the set in some other place), and I already mentioned color adjustments. I guess I'm going to have a hard time swaying votes without first making changes to the tiles I added...

But how come deleting has to be the first choice? What ever happened to compromises?
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.