View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

May 24, 2015, 03:07 PM
I don't have the will to. The solution for tiles would involve hiding all layers and using the jjPIXELMAP constructor from tile ID to create sprites to be drawn with jjCANVAS::drawResizedSprite in onDrawLayer# hooks. It wouldn't work correctly for animated tiles so you'd have to handle those separately. Objects would preferably be modified within behavior functions to use jjDrawResizedSpriteFromCurFrame instead of jjDrawSpriteFromCurFrame. It wouldn't work for rotated sprites though - in fact, no as simple solutions would, so hopefully you don't need those. Players should have their jjPLAYER::invisibility property set to true and their sprites, and optionally names and other things, such as Spaz's bird, drawn manually with jjDrawResizedSpriteFromCurFrame. There's not much that can be done about particles either but luckily they're small so it's possible to get away with it. It also wouldn't have effect on textured backgrounds, water, etc. I wouldn't bet my money on stable fps after all of that is done.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.