View Single Post
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Feb 1, 2013, 03:03 PM
Would it be easy to add the capability to set the position of a layer with an auto speed? Right now, to change a layer's auto speed without an abrupt "jump" you have to wait until certain render frames, and the gap between those frames is often several seconds.

That's a real question, not just a feature request, I honestly have no idea how this is handled internally (as you can see in mingfpack19.j2l).

Example: I'm remaking the first level of Episodic Ground Force Pack Episode 1, and I want the deadly clouds at the top to slowly move downwards when Sudden Death activates. If I just set the layer's auto Y speed to -1, they will appear to jump across (or off) the level, which is obviously not what I want.
I'm aware that this breaks if someone pauses, fortunately you can't do that in multiplayer anymore in the latest Plus...right?

Setting a pixel offest for each layer would also work, of course, and a lot more versatile, but it might be too slow to call that every frame?