View Single Post

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Apr 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
"That's not really true. It doesn't matter wether this utility is released or not, people will gain an unfair advantage in both situations. However, if you release it, the unfair advantages people have will be much bigger."

The advantage will be smaller, as more people share it. The ones that have i, if most people don't, would/should be easy suspected of "cheating".

"1. Only people who frequent the popular sites at the time the tool is released are likely to get it. A large amount of people don't visit these sites very often."

The people that don't don't play competitive games very often, and it's not that for them to find their way here.

"2. From all the people who play jj2, most of their computers will be able to play 600 x 480. However, with higher resolutions, only the computers of some will be able to bear them. If you have a huge resolution like 1280 x 1024, only a certain group of people will gain the largest advantage."

640x480 isn't so bad anyways. Any argument against 800x600?

"This means, releasing it creates a huge inequality between people with different computer speeds. When you release it there will be an unfair advantage, moreso than if you would not release it and people don't spread/abuse it and it is kept to a select few. If it's not released, the game is "ruined" how? Because Black Ninja and some others can play another way? It's not like you can't adapt."

So if everyone can adapt, why not release it?

"Another invalid argument. Bullets may not go farther but your sight goes farther, and you can adapt your strategy to the multitude of extra information you get on movements. You can dodge faster, move another way, attack people more easily, etcetera."

That's how it is with the current things too, and apparently *most* people can handle 800*600, just like *most* people can handle 640*480

"Regarding splitscreen, how many active forum/site frequenters actively play splitscreen? Compare with how many play online multiplayer, please."

I don't know. I did it those holidays, and it was not very fun. The reason so few play is probably the huge disadvantage it gives.