Thread: Boss Contest
View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 18, 2005, 04:11 PM
Boss Contest

Okay, I'm sure I'm not the only one who groans when they have to fight Devan Shell in yet another completely bare arena with no obstacles of any kind. Or when a Tuf Boss has its difficulty increased by throwing three thousand generating Tuf Turtle enemies in with it. And has anyone ever shown any interest in fighting the Queen?
These kind of things can be JJNXT fodder.

What I want to see are bosses which make me raise an eyebrow, smile, and maybe mentally raise someone's rating a little. Something awesome. So I'm giving you all a week - the time is short but it's not like you have to make a whole level or anything - to create a boss that I like. Any boss at all. Even a tile boss. Those are cool. Eyecandy isn't required but it makes things better.

I have basically two options for the winner... either I mention your name somewhere (don't know where, I'll give you a list of things I'm working on and you can choose one), or I turn you into a sprite. Your choice. But first you have to win. And all you have to do to win is create a single boss. (You can make more if you like but only one can win.)

Even if you don't take part in this contest, please heed the message. Boss battles are boring by themselves. Make them interesting!

EDIT: By the way, my definition of a boss is fairly loose. Defeating the boss does not have to automatically end the level, nor do you have to actually kill anything.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Dec 18, 2005 at 05:19 PM.