View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 9, 2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
CTF death pits seem to still work, at least in UD-Level1.j2l and devres02.j2l. I figured out what the problem is. CTF death pits rely on a player scoring points above the score limit. When a player falls through several red CTF bases placed next to each other, usually at least 10 points (many more in the typical CTF death pit setup) are scored at once. Previously, when you started a Single Player game directly, the max score was 0. But I made JJ2+ always set a default max score greater than zero for all game modes during the initial startup when I should've excluded SP from such a change. So the fix is straightforward, and pits in theory should work well enough in the meanwhile.

Note that JJ2 doesn't reset the max score when you start a new SP game, so if you previously played in a server with, say, 100 as the max score, falling into a CTF death pit may not work properly the first time. Fixing this won't be hard either.
Ah. This is no problem then, since the majority of levels are in fact unaffected. I just noticed it because I was testing a CTF level I was making.