View Single Post
FreeLance57

JCF Member

FreeLance57 is doing well so far

May 24, 2001, 07:35 PM
Episode 01: "Codename: Ducky, part II"

I sat, my beer getting warm, staring at the documents I had pulled up on the computer. I was matching agents. I searched for all personel documents containing the words "cover-up", "conspiracy", "corrupt" and the likes. I noticed that most of the agents who had been "retired" by force were on the list of agents who had "conspiracy" and "cover-up" in their reports.

Some of them had nothing to do with each other, but it was used by most all of them to refer to something that was linked together. even linked to me. it was the fact that we were tired of lying to the public, tired of covering-up after the government.

I took a chug of beer.

It was warm...

There was no way to get it cold again.

I went to get another one.

There were none.

"daaaaaaaaaargh!"

(thinking)"I'll just get some more..."(/thinking)

i walked to the closet and got my jacket. My USP (pistol) was hanging next to it, and I put it on under my jacket out of habit.

Right as my hand was on the nob I paused, remembering what Ducky had said. "stay at home!" she had said. "setting you up!" she had said.

I shook my head. What was I thinking? I can't siquester myself without any beer in the fridge!

I twisted the nob. Slowly, I pulled the door open. My heart throbbed. I knew I should stay inside but I couldn't. I HAD to get more beer!

I looked down the hall. Nothing. Or was there? Yes, there was something down there...it was just a fire exstinguisher though.

I stepped out into the hallway, when I realised my shoe was untied. Bending down to tie it, I heard a shot. A bullet slammed through my window and into the door across the hall from my apartment. I had been saved by an untied shoelace.

to be continued

One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD. YE NOT GUILTY.

-FreeLance-