View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jan 6, 2011, 10:34 PM
Best CTF: Minimal Duel by Snooze.
Best Tileset: Lava Fortress (almost voted for raneforus V)
Best MP Pack: SC2
Best SP: Dreamscape
Best JCSer: Blackraptor

A few personal notes:

This was a really good year for SP levels, and it was hard for me to choose something to vote on. 2009 barely had any SP... there was basically my episode, and like one other level worth noting. 2010 had a ton of SP on the other hand, and a lot of it was very high quality. Overall Dreamscape impressed me the most, even though there are parts of it which I don't like. Technically it's an unfinished pack, but it doesn't feel at all unfinished (the trippy story helps with this - it has an excuse to feel disjointed).

I'm glad to see blurredd finally uploaded his battle levels to j2o. It's about time!

With CTF levels, I made three of them in 2010, with the last time I finished a CTF level being 2006. I'm glad to see people liked them and that all three were nominated (!), although I'm probably less likely to win the award because of that. Personally, I think employee of the month is better than the other two, but I'm not going to vote for any of my own levels. Minimal Duel gets my vote.

Also noteworthy is the contest that spawned EoTM and Minimal Duel. This contest attracted a lot of quality level makers, and a few surprises (was neat to see stripe make a level). There need to be more contests like this. If there was an award for best contest, this one would have to win.

I vote for Blackraptor on best JCSer, because he released many SP levels, even if they were made earlier than 2010. I would have voted for Snooze, but I don't like how he deletes his levels, and I think his behaviour is rather shameful.

Overall, a good year for JCS.