View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 2, 2021, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer View Post
My plans are to have the same game engine...one day...also run Jazz 2 Looking at the AngelScript documentation makes my head spin about the possibilities and flexibility of the original Jazz2 engine. Knowing what objects are available and how they can be accessed are mostly the things I am looking at. I was pleasantly suprised I was already heading in the right direction with putting the events into an object list, instead of the HUGE array of config words that's loaded from the J2L file!
The AngelScript API varies in how thin a wrapper around JJ2 mechanics it is... sometimes we do manage to introduce a bit of abstraction for usability reasons. You might enjoy looking at the source code for objects instead. I once tried decompiling Battery Check very briefly, and made just enough progress to determine that it has equivalent code to the stuff in g_aisetup.c, and if I recall correctly, objects in Battery Check also tend to put most of their code inside switch statements of their "state" property.