Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Dec 2, 2005, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline
...and Iceman comes out with his JJ1 tileset compiler, then the sky is the limit. The JJ1 engine is very versatile.
In light of this completely awesome project, I'm so going to do that tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

EDIT (after a while of codeing): For the people interested in makeing JJ1 tilesets, I'm too lazy to (completely) describe the format, learn by example: All JJ1 tilesets "decompiled" http://www.princeton.edu/~mspear/jj/

The compiler will be up tomorrow (er... later today) after I go to a computer lab so I can build it for x86 computers (I'm an apple guy these days..).. it already works well enough to recompile those sources to be identical to the original BLOCKS.### files (I tried every single one)..

And yes, you'll need 3 input files (although the 2 background ones can (and may as well be) the same)..

A few things: Main bitmap: 256 colors, 320pixels wide... MULTIPLE OF 60 tiles, I forget the palette limitations and what # is transparent..

remember the masking stuff is done in the level file.. Does JCS94 still allow injecting of masks? I could probably make a mask compiler as well so that you don't have to mask by hand..

background pictures are 32 pixels wide, but think that even matters.. I think I rip it right from the palette. (Some of the code I'm useing has been sitting around since before project *that*... plus it's uncommented and whatnot)

..sorry I'm incoherently rambling, but I'm very tired, after a day of not feeling well...

Last edited by Ice M A N; Dec 2, 2005 at 10:31 PM.