View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Aug 1, 2014, 03:45 AM
Ballistic Bunny remix EP

Today's the 20th anniversary of Jazz Jackrabbit so it's the best time to make an announcement! I know I'm notorious around here for hyping up my stuff and then not delivering, so let's cut it short to show I mean business this time:

Me and my band Two Games Joined are working on 4 tracks to commemorate this occasion as we speak! The title of the EP says it all: we're redoing songs from the 2nd episode of the game. Why the second? Well, I felt the 1st one was a little too overdone and the songs from Ballistic Bunny were always my favorite to tinker with (see my history of remixing JJ songs). The whole EP is stylized to preserve the feel of looping video game background music rather than individual songs, something akin to a remake perhaps! With JJ2+'s ability to play back mp3 files, you should be able to freely use them in your levels. Every track will come in a "2-cycles-and-a-fadeout" version and a properly looping version.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to finish everything today and it's going to take a couple more days, but! It's coming out somewhere around August 15th. I'd love to give a precise release date but I still can't be sure when I receive all the instrument tracks or the cover art, and I want to release the thing as soon as it's done! Still, unlike the other music-related announcement I made there will be no delay, no hiatus here. Top priority.

And you did read right - there's 4 tracks. The EP includes an original composition "in the style of" - a song for a mockup of a planet, a robot assembly compound hidden on a highly unstable volcanic planet which I dubbed Lavalon. In a few days I'm going to show you the "original" version of the song, which is in Tracker format and overall made to sound as authentic as possible, and it's also going to be included with the EP when it's done. So yes, to make the wait more interesting, I'm going to gradually show you some of the stuff as it's being done.

If you haven't heard yet, here's Letni as it sounded in December. Complaints have been heard and the song will be remastered for the final EP.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)