View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 18, 2005, 06:50 PM
@Blacky: If commands can fit together well (e.g. tell the CD player guy to shut up, put ear to door) they will both be executed. In the instance of two opposing commands, I'll either go first-come or the one with more popular support. If something isn't particularly important at the moment, it might get ignored.

@Boggy: You need save points now, but it will load whenever you die or are otherwise completely screwed.

Also, ++Lem for showing Uberbob spirit in his avatar =D

The man with the CD player had recently started a calm piece by Mozart; something that could be seen as a sign of no imminent action, or, alternatively, the calm before a storm. I considered asking him about what was to come, but had previously determined he was sworn to secrecy (with the exception of the subtle hints in the music he played). “Shut that off,” I commanded him threateningly, determining nothing else could be gained from it. He coolly glared at me from above his book and flicked the music piece off. In the newfound silence, I pressed my ear against the door.
“What do you hear?” Leetzan asked.
I listened closely, but heard nothing but the sporadic echo of thunder from the storm outside. “I hear nothing.”
“We should save,” continued Leetzan, “just in case. Silence always means something bad.”
I raised an eyebrow in response to Leetzan’s comment. “Save? You believe that? How exactly do you think that is supposed to work?”
She shrugged. “I don’t know. It would just make me feel better.”
Having no desire to pursue the conversation further, I strode up to the door to the women’s “save point”, turned the handle, and walked inside. It appeared to be a perfectly normal bathroom. “Well, this is anticlimactic,” I thought to myself. I carefully examined my surroundings, from the fake marble sink to the completely empty soap dispenser. I poked the lever on the dispenser slightly, considering notifying the man with the CD player that it was in need of refilling.
I came back out. Leetzan was standing (as much as a legless person can) in the same spot, awaiting news. “Did you save?”
I nodded. She glared at me for a moment in disbelief.
“So, open the door normally, or hack it in half and charge in dramatically?” Leetzan asked, breaking the awkward silence that seems to come up so often. I didn’t respond, signaling to her that said silence is best left alone.