View Single Post

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

May 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
features

i think something like private messaging to certain players would be cool and not so difficult from the server end. the server just chooses the socket ID to send the packet out to and that's it. Make it something like if you want to PM player 7 and you're player 1, press "t" and type "/7 (message)" without quotes or parenthesis

i also think (a more difficult feat) would be the ability to host under a different port for router users who aren't allowed to open up 10053 for jj2. The reason this would be difficult is because it would be nice if the receiving end didn't require a "PortPatch" to join. Uh this i kno is possible but i'm too tired to think of how since it's 3:30am sunday morning.

Another not so easy feature would be the ability for 33+ players to join. Don't ask i don't know how that would be done.

Another semi-difficult would be the ability to only allow a user inputted number of downloaders at a time to prevent flooding/crashing.

As a console app i would like it to not operate on strictly command lines because that's too confusing. Make it start up

"Welcome to Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Dedicated Server"
"Please input your gametype (ctf, battle, treasure, coop, or race)
"please input the maximum player number"
"Load custom game mode? (1=true, 0=false)"
[if true] "Please type in the custom game mode you would like to load (i don't know)"
"Log chat (1=true, 0=false)"
"Allow Private Messaging "
"number of hearts"
"number of kills to win"
"server name"
"at this time please type in the file names of any plugins you'd like to load at this time or press enter to start"
"plugin serversync.dll loaded"
"server running"

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this