View Single Post

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Sep 16, 2009, 08:13 PM
I was toying around with some difficult boss levels and possibly came across another glitch, which could potentially be very useful. I would like to check and see if anyone else has seen it occur before or could duplicate it themselves.

I created a level with no ground in which you fight a Uterus boss while stomping float suckers to keep from falling into a warp to a pit. The only problem was if you managed to kill it, you would fall into the pit and die immediately afterwards, so the next level could never be reached. To fix this, I added two sucker tubes with delay 7 and some invisible but masked collapsing scenery. Therefore, if someone fell they would be warped into a pit and die, but if they killed the boss, there would be enough of a delay that the level could end.

Here's where it gets interesting. It seems during the level transition, Jazz would hit the warp and instantly travel to the tile on the next level, whether or not there was a warp target there. This essentially created a new start position without editing the second level in the least. I'm going to experiment with this a bit, but if anyone else could confirm it too or figure it out more specifically, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Edit: I was able to repeat it using an end area instead of a boss and no sucker tubes or pits, on plus and nonplus 1.23. Then I used it to make this nifty little level, which demonstrates the principal. You fall into the end area over some collapsing scenery and a warp. The warp target is currently located at (205,8), which should allow you to skip right to (205,8) of castle 1, which is just about the end. You could set the next level to anything you want and move the warp around to anywhere you want. Have fun.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

Last edited by Troglobite; Sep 16, 2009 at 08:40 PM.