View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Dec 19, 2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Perhaps.
My theory is that he was not in objection to it returning, but wasn't like "Oh my god, this must happen!" and that Epic were the ones interested in potentially bringing Jazz back. After all, even though they haven't done much with him for the past 11 years, it's not like they haven't tried(You have to take into account the money involved in all this).
So, maybe we've had it the wrong way around all these years?

Or, perhaps I'm just looking at this wrong(It is 1:30 in the morning, so plenty of room for error). Either way, CliffyB apparently has never really cared(Or at least, not since the early 2000s), Epic's usual publisher bailed on them in 1999, their attempt in 2002 was... Less than successful... And now, with it approaching 20 years since the first game, I'm hoping for at least a digital re-release of the original on GoG.

But, in any case, these early drawings are interesting, and they give me an idea(Which I will discuss tomorrow, when I'm fully awake).
Epic was never involved in the making of JJA, Titan Games just got the license to it. And I suppose because of the fan backlash and poor success that Epic is reluctant to give rights again.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ