View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Dec 19, 2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, I know that. I excluded my theory about Jazz Advanced, because my post was already ending up pretty long(And I think all of us are familiar with Jazz's history by now).

My theory about JJA was that Epic was too busy with Unreal, which was far too successful to justify them splitting CliffyB's focus very much, so they said, "Hey, Game Titan, can you help us out a bit?" and when it flopped they were like "Great. Now what?" And with GoW appearing after that, and Unreal maintaining its success for many years after, they just haven't had much reason to take the risk of bringing Jazz back. But, Epic have been making odd decisions as of late(No, I don't mean the twin-stick Jazz Shooter Demo. IMO, that was just CliffyB trolling), including having smaller studios within them for smaller projects, so that is where my hope for a new Jazz game lies.

IMO, best case scenario, we get a HD remake next year to test the waters for a new game(Let's be realistic here, that's the best we'll get IMO). Mid-case scenario(What I think it most likely), GoG release the first game digitally, which would be pretty great(Who knows, maybe Epic would realise "Woah, there's demand for this game!"). Worst case scenario, Epic acknowledges 20 years of Jazz on their blog, possibly with a link to J2O(Knowing Epic, it's entirely possible that they'll do this, although I hope they at least re-release the game).

Of course, there is a chance that hell will freeze over, pigs will fly, world peace will be achieved, the apocalypse will be avoided, and the Jazz 2 source code will be made available(Or at least given to the Plus devs). I won't go into why this is unlikely to happen, but it's possible.

Or perhaps they'll release the final build of that Jazz 3D Alpha as Freeware along with some design docs. This is very unlikely, but it wouldn't require much effort on Epic's part(I imagine Dean Dodrill has it on some old HDD somewhere, so all Epic would need to do is ask Dean for the build and give him a special license for having used Unreal 1), so it's more likely than the Jazz 2 source code being released. :L

Anyway, I think I'm done speculating. What happens happens. If Epic chooses to do nothing major on Jazz's 20th anniversary, that would be understandable(Although a bit annoying), and we'd still have the usual Anniversary Bash stuff going on. Although, IMO, they should at least give JJ1 to GoG, since that game is near impossible to find these days.

Also, I apologise for slightly derailing this thread.
And for making this post even longer than my previous one...

TL;DR: Epic might care about Jazz more than Cliff Bleszinski does.