Thread: JCS Awards 2008
View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jan 11, 2009, 12:55 PM
Best JCS'er: Not sure, all made fantastic levels.

2008's best CTF level: Sunken Realm by Purplejazz

While perhaps not the best sprite layer ec (although still good), the theme is very nice and probably what I like about it the most. I actually enjoyed all the games I've played here. It has has a somewhat varied layout, albiet not perfect but a lot of choices which makes it fun.

2008's best battle level: Frozen Throne by Superjazz

Don't know why this level isn't getting recognized. It was very fun to play during bash imo, and it's good for duels as well as games with a lot of people. The theme is nice too. Condemned had an awesome atmosphere but I personally did not like the open layout, and I didn't even use the water that much. I also liked Mixxed Up, but I don't see myself wanting to play there a lot. I guess a lot of levels beat Frozen Throne in certain aspects, but this level has a sort of overall appeal to me. There's also The Shrine which I really liked, but that level has subpar gameplay.

2008's best (non CTF/Battle): N/A, all are good levels but none stand out to me.

2008's best MP pack: Alliance by XLM

While the other packs contain levels that probably have more favorable layouts, Alliance is the one that really left an impression and I still play the levels just for the look of them. That's not to say none of the levels are really fun, I enjoyed a few levels in this pack, and some simply for their ridiculous tile usage.

2008's best SP pack: Episode Four: The Resistence by EvilMike

Although not my favorite of the series so far, some levels had really clever ideas. As usual the levels keep my interest and have me wanting more.

2008's best tileset/tileset conversion: The Fortress of Forgotten Souls by Blade

It's a hard set to use, but whatever you can make just looks amazing. The other sets were also quite nice but this one stands out because it's a very solid professionally done set.

2008's most improved JCS'er: N/A No idea

Last edited by FireSworD; Jan 11, 2009 at 01:12 PM.