View Single Post

JCF Member

Speeza is an asset to this forumSpeeza is an asset to this forum

Sep 9, 2010, 09:40 AM
The thing is that the forum is absolutely perfect, that's no understatement. Honestly I just don't think we need new themes, a punishment system and all this hooey. Spaceboy makes a good point, there aren't many posts now to really moderate from, I also haven't seen many offensive posts for the past few months. The reputation feature is some harmless fun, but with a Punishment system your only empowering it to become more serious , I think it may discourage people from posting.

Another problem is the fact that we can't see why our posts get negative rep. I often make more than one post a day, sometimes people don't understand what you post or just misinterpret what you may of said. I would rather fix my negative posts and learn from my mistakes.

Another flaw about reputation is not everyone is going to look at a thread , perhaps because it just doesn't interest them. Someone who just cracks a funny joke could get more rep than say someone who helps a person getting there JJ2 working. I think the person who helped the guy trying to get his JJ2 to work deserves more rep than the guy who crack a joke. Sadly however you can't allocate how much rep someone deserves. Some of these people who have high reputation for example, I look at some of there posts and I'm wondering "How on earth did these guys get so much rep, compared to some others with lower rep and have done a lot more helpful things.

I Just don't think reputation should be treated this way. Its bad enough when you see someone with a red blip and you hover over it and it says "this person doesn't post anything worth reading", (I know it doesn't say that , but along those lines) .

I think this reputation thing has came in too late to be honest. Perhaps when there was more posts daily it may of been good to use. Most of the time we all keep happy and get along. A possibility is reputation could actually course us all to become a bit annoyed at one another, as its all anonymous we don't know who is giving us negative rep, or why most importantly. Doesn't this just give admins more of a Job as well, I mean you will have to check a bunch of reasons, and see if they are being given out correctly on top of posts .

Its all my opinion I suppose , but I regret ever supporting reputation, I just thought you would have a thumps up on a post you made, and it showed who liked the post.
I suppose its not too much of a big deal either , but it would be a lot nicer if you could just change your JCF rank anyway.

Your friendly JCF Hillybilly
DavidkazBest poster of 2010 ! [GpW]