View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2007, 02:38 AM
Chapter 5 (cont)

Back at Gaming Force HQ...

Joshua was lying in his bed, his body slowly regaining it's strength, the energy of the Gameboy Crystals seemed to be sufficent, but he would be unable to do much on his own until he recovered. Something had caused his body's energy to be drained by the crystals, making Joshua think in his mind...

>I wasn't expecting...all this to happen...I thought the blood-spilling and death would stop...but it's getting worse...< Joshua groaned.

>You can't give up. If you don't get up soon, I'll get even more worried about you! You've made your wife worry enough!< Sugar's voice broke through his thoughts.

Joshua felt a surge of power from the Crystals. Not enough to get him able to fight...it would take a few hours...a day at the most. Forcing his body to open his eyes, he saw everyone looking down at him, Sugar with a worried look, Norn was cheering happily, while Devil Dinah sipmly watched with a straight face. Jazz was walking into the room, handing Joshua back the map.

"...You found...something...?" Joshua coughed.

Jazz hesitated, before nodding.

"Yeah...Devan's army IS here. I ran into a few of his troops...as well as a more powerful Bolly. I almost got roasted. They're getting stronger. We might need more aid...otherwise, we might not have a large chance of success." Jazz reported.

Joshua got to his feet, before falling to his knees. Sugar rushed to his side, to help him up. Pain seemed to slowly creep around his body...the energy from the Crystals was still getting used to Joshua's DNA. That might have been the reason with the visions and lack of strength. With some assisstance from Sugar, he managed to walk by himself.

"It's getting late...We should all get some rest..." Joshua suggested.

Everyone nodded in agreement. As everyone left his room, Sugar looked back at him, a worried look on her face, before closing the door. It was a few hours later...

Outside...

"I...I've gotta be stronger...I have to push my body...so I can get used to the power..." Joshua groaned.

He dashed towards a rock, before he put a lot of energy into his swords, then slashed clean through it. He lunged at next one, easily shattering it to pieces, before he flipped forwards in the air, then brought his swords down, causing the ground underneath the final rock to be split slightly. He placed his sword in the ground, leaning on it for support. His forehead was covered with sweat, his breathing was quick and short.

"Not...strong enough...yet...Haaaaaaaghhhh!!!" Joshua yelled, before slashed both his swords forward, creating a blade of energy that cut through the sand. He fell to his knees, barely able to keep upright.

"What are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be resting? You're still not well enough yet!" Sugar complained from above him.

She floated down to Joshua, helping him to his feet. She looked at him sternly.

"You have to rest! You can't keep pushing yourself! If you..."

Joshua managed to get out of Sugar's helping hold, before he looked at her angrily. He kneeled on the ground, again, but was coughing quietly with the occasionaly spot of blood. His body seemed to shudder from the cold as it began to sink into his bones.

"Joshua...You can't just expect to keep that up. You'll only hurt yourself further...please...stop..." Sugar pleaded.

Joshua pushed the warning from Sugar aside, took his focus on the final target, before he raced up to it, putting all his remaining strength into the final blow. The rock exploded into pieces, while Joshua laughed for a few seconds, before feeling a sharp pain in his chest. He fell on the sand, coughing up more blood.

"That's ENOUGH! I won't let you do anymore! If you try...I'll have to stand in your way. This isn't healthy. I care about you. If you let yourself die here, what am I going to do without you? I'd...I'd be all alone..." Sugar stammered, her eyes filling up with tears.

Forcing himself to his feet, fueled by pure will, he looked at Sugar with a small smile.

"Hey...Don't cry...I'll...I'll have a rest...Okay? Just promise me you won't cry..."

"But...I'm worried about you...It's only natural for a wife to worry about her husband's health and well being. If your going to train, let me help you. Just share some of your burden with me...I just want to help you in whatever way I can." Sugar sobbed.

Joshua looked down at his shirt, stained with his blood, grimacing at the thought he had been foolish and made Sugar worry, he placed his swords back in thier sheaths, before stumbling forward. Sugar raced to catch him, causing them both to fall on the sandy beach. Joshua laughed softly, a smile on his face. The clouds in the sky began to part, revealing the stars sparkling down on them.

"Thanks for...caring so much...Sugar...We may not...be married...but maybe...we will be.....one day..." Joshua coughed.

"Joshua..."

Joshua found himself wrapped in Sugar's arms, crying softly. He held her close, keeping them both warm. She looked up Joshua's calm and caring face before she gently kissed him on the lips, before she continued to hold him tight, never wanting to let him go...she fell asleep, nuzzling gently against him, before Joshua carried her home, wrapped a bandage around his leg before he went to the medical bay.

"...I'm going...to have to rest...here..." Joshua groaned.

A switch came down next to him. He pressed it, making a large, transparent tube slide down over him. Using the Force to activate the series of buttons, he removed his shirt and cap, before putting them outside the tank. A torrent of liqud poured down from the roof, slowly filling up the tank. His bare chest had quite a few bad gashes on them, as well as his right arm, which seemed to have suffered a serious amount of strain.

"It should only be...a few hours..." Joshua sighed.

The blue see-through liquid had reached above his waist. He slightly flinched when it touched his bare skin, but slowly made his body relax, before he closed his eyes, immersing himself in the now full tank. The injuries he had sustained seemed to glow after a few minutes the liquid had been introduced. Something stirred inside his mind...