View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2007, 11:32 PM
Chapter 8: No Other Option. (L)

Joshua rubbed his sleepy eyes, finding that night was still upon them. Norn's grip around him seemed to loosed slightly, giving him an opportunity to get free. Gently breaking out her embrace, he slowly walked outside to breathe in the night air. The cold wind cut against his bare chest, making him shudder from the cold. He closed his eyes and tried to recall everything that had happened so far...he opened his eyes after a few minutes of medatation, a set of footsteps landing on the ground behind him.

"...Joshuwa. Wasn't expecting to see you here...Something happen?" Joshua asked, remaining motionless.

".....Joshua."

Joshua turned around, facing his clone. Thier faces were different. Joshuwa's had a large scar down his right cheek, dark blue eyes and black hair that stood upright. His outfit was an invert of Joshua's. A black shirt and grey trousers. Both stared at each other with a small grin, before Joshua broke the silence.

"...He tried to destroy something...didn't he...? What...what else happened?" Joshua asked.

Joshuwa placed a hand on Joshua's shoulder, looking at the necklace around Joshua's neck, glittering brightly. He shook his head before he spoke, not much though.

"...The 'Figure'...is trying to find something to finish a project. One which would bring around the end of us all. He got away though...I tried to stop him, but no luck...his last words disturbed me...He said YOU have the last piece of the project." Joshuwa solemnly explained.

Joshua sighed deeply. How could he be so foolish...leaving behind a tool...with immense dark power. He had sealed it away safely, where none but himself could reach. But with the new threat, perhaps it was time for it to be re-located...but where? It would corrupt many people in the Video Dimension if sent there...and it would spell the end of them if it was to stay where it was...

"I'll have to keep it with me..." Joshua came to a conclusion.

Joshuwa groaned at this. He grabbed Joshua's shoulders and shook him violently, yelling to him as he did so.

"Then you would be more of a target! They'd try to hunt you down until they take it...then everyone else is doomed! How can you decide to place your trust in such a plan?! It's sheer madness!"

Joshua brushed his clone's grip off, before headed back inside Gaming Force HQ. A series of doorways opened, each responding to Joshua's DNA signature. One last door stood before them, before Joshua pressed a sequence of buttons, revealing a large room filled with cyber technology. Placing a headset on his head, he looked at his copy, a sad expression on his face.

"I've got no other choice. There's nothing else we can do...The best place would be with me..." Joshua sighed, before clicking his fingers.

Everything blurred into pixles, before they reformed, creating a dark room with red lines across the walls. A group of wire-frame creatures came into the program, the first line of defense to the object Joshua seeked. Each of them was wielding a rather deadly looking lance, before Joshua drew his left handed sword. He was still without his shirt, meaning a stab to the chest would be fatal.

[Program Initiated. Begining Identification Process...]

The monsters began to lurch towards him, thier movements slow and easy to read. Simply weaving through the wire-frame creatures, slashing with his sword each time, they exploded, before transforming into binary data. A wall moved, revealing more monster making an entrance. With only one sword, he gripped it in both hands, stabbing most of his foes in the head with a downwards plunge.

"It's easier than I remember...C'mon...If this is the best..."

A large cyber monster began to form. It had a weird fire-arm lashed to it's right arm, which fired bolts of plasma energy. On it's left was a large knife, about twice the size of Joshua's body. Angrily muttering under his breath that next time he'd shut up, raced across the floor to his foe. His agility and somewhat medium size build made the energy blasts to dodge. One however, got too close. It passed straight over Joshua's arm, tearing through his skin and flesh.

[Detecing Life Signs...Subject is suffering major plasma damage to right arm. Deep wound inflicted.

A large dent in the top of Joshua's arm... (like this)

____V V__________
vvvvvv

...revealed quite a lot of body tissue and muscle, which of course was covered with a large amount of blood. It took a few seconds for the pain to reach Joshua, but it had a bad result. He fell to the floor, clutching his right arm close to his chest. The blood spilled down his arm onto it, dripping down onto the floor. The monster seemed hesitant, but continued it's assult. Joshua retaliated by creating a barrier of stone, which should hold out for a little while. He looked down at his severe wound, grimmacing with pain.

"Crud...It hurts...so much...D-Dang it...Got...to get to my feet..." Joshua groaned.

Forcing his body to get up, pushing the pain in his right arm aside, letting it hang limply, he shattered his barrier of stone, some of which colldied with a plasma bolt, causing it to explode prematurly, injuring his foe. The large knife swung down at Joshua, who evaded it with some difficulty. He leapt into the air...only to leave himself open again before he could strike. The knife cut straight against his chest, causing blood to fly in an arc, splattering on the floor with the same pattern.

Joshua landed on his back, his chest bleeding from the large gash. If you haven't gotten the grasp of it...this may look like Virtual Reality...but it's still quite real. A surge of energy entered the system, Joshuwa came running up to Joshua, helping him up. Blood poured down onto the ground, while Joshuwa removed his shirt and wrapped it around the wound.

"I...I'll be fine...Just give me...a sec..." Joshua gasped.

"Take it easy. You shouldn't push it. We'll handle this together...just grab my hand...and...here...we go!!"

Two surges of energy rose from thier bodies, an aura of light and dark created a large wall in front of them, before it changed into the head of a dragon. It raced forward, colliding straight into the monster, forcing it back. Much of it's data had been erased, leaving it with only it's head and large knife. Joshua felt renewed by the chance they now had and nodded at Joshuwa. Both took off, two beams of energy created by thier speed...one white, the other grey. Both leapt into the air before slicing through thier foe's head like this...

\ /
\ /
\ ^^^^ /
<\X X/ >
|\__ /|
\/
/ \
/ \
/ \

(Diagonal Lines represnt the attack, the other characters are the head...bad line art, but bare with me)

The head was cut clean in two, it's programming was erased completly, causing it to vanish. A large piece of dark metal floated down from the ceiling, hovering in front of the two warriors. One was wounded, while the other looked at him with concern.

"...This is..."

"Y-Yeah...It's part of a weapon...as long as I have...it should be enough to stop them..." Joshua sighed.

He reached out to grab it, the Dark energy repeled his hand, before Joshua pushed through, grabbing the metal. A surge of dark energy surged through his body, his wounds heal a bit, but he felt somewhat...darker...he pushed it aside, into where the other darkness lurked, where it was sealed by light. Joshua sighed with relief, before the program terminated.

"Ahhh...There...I can....rest..." Joshua sighed, falling back with relief.

Morning had come, the others came walking in, but Norn and Sugar raced straight up to Joshua, looking at him sternly, but with relief. The large wound still bleed a bit, and his arm was still cut straight open. He reluctantly limped to the medical bay with them, seeing a smirking Joshuwa, a somewhat agitated Devil Dinah and Jazz, who looked a lot better.

They exchanged a quick hi-five, before he was dragged away by a concerned Norn and Sugar...

Joshua didn't bother to struggle. His body had been beaten up quite a bit, hadn't got any sleep...and he STILL hadn't had a chance to eat anything yet! His stomach grumbled quietly, before he punched it, hoping it would shut up. Mistake. He ended up making his wounds worse, causing Sugar to scold him. The Medical Bay seemed a lot tidier than last time, the tank seemed to be fixed. Joshua stepped forward, carefully removing the blood-stained shirt from around his waist. It bleed freely, until Norn wrapped a few banadges around it.

"Thanks, Norn." Joshua sighed with relief.

Sugar looked at Joshua with a intimidating glare, causing him to flinch. She kicked him in the shin, but apologized a few minutes later. His arm was still quite badly damaged, none of the treatments they had would work. Joshua had to endure the searing pain in his arm, every passing moment it bleed a lot more, the muscles seemed to 'melt' from the pain. Letting out a scream of frustration, he raced to his room and grabbed his back-pack. He finally found the solution.

"A small bottle of Flesh Regenerator? Isn't that used to heal small wounds like a loss of a finger of something smaller? That hole seems quite large...This seems more...dangerous..." Jazz warned.