View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2007, 10:38 PM
Chapter 9: Arguments and One's Determination (L).

As the sun rose over the horizon, making the sand glow brightly again, Joshua and Adis decided to walk back to the base together. They weren't far from where they first met either. Not many cars could be seen on the highway. The miracles of the weekend, where work did not exist. All families managed to spend time together, unlike our current time, where people rush to work and never get much of a chance to spend time with thier family.

Joshua sighed at this. The only family he had left was his brothers, Zacharay...and Dakoda. Both were in the Video Dimension. His real father died many, many years ago, his body was never found. It seemed so long ago...he had a father...a mom...two brothers and a sister...all he had left was Zac. A family of six...reduced to two. He gave a bitter grin to Adis, who had no idea what he was thinking about.

"C'mon, Breakfast's starting! I want to get something to eat!" Joshua groaned.

His stomach growled in response. Joshua turned bright red while Adis stood there, a surprised expression on her face before she burst out laughing. He hadn't seen her laugh before, but it made him feel better that he still had friends to help him with problems. Getting to the kitchen at last, everyone stared at Joshua and Adis, except for Joshuwa and Jazz, who slowly snuck out of the room. Joshua quickly realised his error. Since he was holding Adis's hand...this was going to end in a very noisy way...as well as food flying everywhere...

"Help...me..." Joshua whimpered silently.

"And who's your 'friend', there, Joshua? Decided that you like someone other than your wife, huh?! C'mon! Out with it!" Sugar yelled angrily.

Norn glared at Joshua angrily, her ears twitching violently, with a small look of disappointment on her face. Devil Dinah simply sat there, eating a few appetizers before she looked at the argument with a smile. Wanting to enjoy this, she decided to restrain Angel Dinah from breaking free. Many remarks and insults were flung at Joshua, who tried his best to explain. Obviously, this wasn't his area of expertise and looked at Adis for help.

"You're the negotiator! Could you help me out here?!" Joshua begged.

Adis glared at him angrily, not happy that he'd been spending time with other girls and gently punched him in the stomach. The other girls looked at Joshua, a small smile on thier faces, before Joshua looked around him, sweating quite a bit. Around him were three angry girls, each wanting to give him a good thrashing. Backing away slowly before running for the door, he raced down the corridor, yelling in fear as the girls followed him, hurling random fruits and vegetables at him. Dinah continued to eat at the kitchen, while Jazz and Joshuwa were playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

"I'm surpised they managed to get my good side... Having a series of games about me is kinda cool...But...don't you think we should help Joshua?" he asked.

Joshuwa shrugged his shoulders.

"He'll figure something out. Either that or the Ultimate Gamer will meet his end being torn to shreds by three angry girls. Now...just keeping moving to the right...dodge those turtles and get the gems. The end of the level should be near by..." Joshuwa commented.

Jazz looked at the screen, playing on until a few minutes later, he found himself at the 'Game Over' screen, while Joshuwa chuckled silently to himself. He looked at Jazz, who was slightly annoyed, reaching for his blaster, Joshua let out a small cry of fear and began to run. Rounds of warning laser fire blasted past him as he raced down the corridor in the opposite direction.

"It's...not...my fault...you...suck!" Joshuwa laughed, narrowly avoiding the laser fire.

A dead end. Joshuwa found himself trapped between a wall and an angry Jazz with a charged up blaster. Smirking to himself, Joshuwa knocked on the wall three times. Yelling for something to come out. Jazz focused on the shaking wall, only to it spin around displaying a large sign.

Fooled you! Hah hah! Joshuwa had already used this time to race off to safety, while Jazz gripped his blaster tightly.

"JOSHUWA!!!"

Meanwhile.

Joshua found himself trapped in The Fitness Room. Seeing the large swimming pool before him, he dived in. He knew Norn couldn't swim...He was hoping that Adis couldn't...but then he remember Sugar...and found himself swept up in a vortex of spinning water, which collided into a wall, leaving him dazed, the girls surrounded him, looking down at Joshua. He curled up into a tiny ball, closing his eyes. Oddly enough, there was nothing. He cringed slightly before looking at the girls staring at him.

"I'm...sorry...Hey...Aren't you going to kill me?" Joshua asked cautiously.

All three girls pointed at him and laughed. Joshua looked confused and got to his feet.

"We planned this since Adis got here! You look so cute when you're scared, Joshua..." Sugar giggled.

The girls continued to laugh, making Joshua go bright red before racing out the room, embrassed. He triped into Devil Dinah, who instantly glared at him.

"They didn't kill you?! Augh...Why do they have to spoil my fun! If they had...N...No..."

Angel Dinah appeared, a worried look on her face before looking at Joshua.

"...She doesn't like you at all...She used to...but she's angry. She's had to be stuck with you for so long...She wants you to pass away...so she can be free again...I don't want to have to see you die, Joshua. We made a promise, right? We're equals, and we're going to get through this! Even if YOU, try to get in the way!" Angel Dinah yelled.

She vanished, Devil Dinah re-appearing.

"You...You...Augh!! I have to follow you everywhere!! I never have a choice! I never get to say my opinion! That's why I hate you!" Dinah yelled angrily.

Joshua turned his back on her, his body shaking slightly, before he clenched his hands and turned around, anger burning in his eyes.

"You ALWAYS had a choice, Dinah. You could have left anytime you wanted. I didn't need you...I could've managed to find the Daemon Edges on my own. If you wanted to leave so badly, you should have. If you hate me so much, then why did you stay?! Huh?! Explain!" Joshua retorted with great anger.

Dinah was taken by surprise, Joshua had never spoken to her like this before. He seemed to have changed into another person. She looked at Joshua, trying to think of an excuse.

"Because...I couldn't! You promised to protect me, remember!"

"You were strong enough to look after yourself. Don't give me excuses. If you have nothing to say, then leave. I don't care."

Dinah tried to move. She couldn't. Something in her didn't want her to move. It wasn't the angel. It seemed to be a part of her...a part that...even though it wasn't seen often, one where she cared for Joshua. Her face softened, looking at Joshua with a look of sadness.

"...Alright...It's because I didn't want to leave you. You were the only one who wanted to look after me. You saved my life...and protected us both. I wanted to leave...but something in me didn't want to go...the Angel...she wanted to stay...she loved you a whole lot more than...I cared about you. I know you...you might not exactly trust me now but...Joshua?"

Joshua had wrapped Dinah up in his arms. The truth had finally come out. She sighed before hugging him back. A small tear fell down her face before Joshua brushed it away, her face going slightly red. Something happened. A bright flash of light temporary blinded Joshua, before he opened his eyes, gasped in shock before rubbing them again. BOTH Dinah's were standing in front of him, Angel and Devil.

"See! I told you it wouldn't be so hard! You just had to tell the truth!"

"Be quiet. I...I just wanted to...Hey! Why are you standing there...and I'm...I'M FREE!!!" Devil Dinah let out a loud yell of joy.

Angel Dinah looked at her, before floating up to Joshua. He wasn't expecting anything like this to happen...He just fell backwards, confused. Everything seemed to be going crazy...He tried to get up, before Devil Dinah offered him her hand. He gladly took it, staring at her for a few seconds. She seemed a little different, but not much. She stared at him, blushing a small bit before she put on a small grin.

>Better get it over with now....Otherwise I never will...< Devil Dinah thought to herself.

She grabbed Joshua, kissed him on the cheek, before looking at him, somewhat disorientated. She sighed deeply, but giggled. At least something was off her chest. But now that she had spoken the truth, she still didn't want to leave. Looking at her Angel Side, nodding in reply, helped Joshua come back to reality. He looked at her, somewhat happy, his rage was gone, but some of the words he said stung at his heart.

"Awwww...Can I have a hug too? Please? Pretty please?" Angel Dinah begged, looking at Joshua with big eyes.

"I gue...H-Hey! Take it easy!" Joshua yelled.

Amgel Dinah was cuddling against him tightly, making Joshua try to point out she was hugging him way too tight, his chest started to sting again. Angel Dinah saw Joshua's face of pain and quickly let go. She aplogized for being so hasty, before Joshua had hugged her back just as tight. She simply looked at him with hers eyes shining, while Devil Dinah smirked. At least she didn't have her 'other half' to weigh her down now! She smiled to herself.

>But...This means it's going to be a lot harder for Joshua...He's going to...It's his problem. He'll figure it...< Devil Dinah thought.