View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2007, 10:42 PM
Chapter 10: Clash in the Capital! (B)

Devan's forces had begun thier march during day-break. Even though they weren't covered by the shroud of night, any defense outposts were left in flames before a signal could be released. Enemy bodies were simply blasted to an unrecognizable pile of remains. Blisy smirked at the people he had slain so far with his own powers. Not one for direct combat, his signature attack was to cast a multiple series of seeking fire-balls. He once even wore a 'Santa Clause' hat, but the version of Holdiay Hare was quickly deleted off Joshua's computer.

Of course, since his appearance last time, he has gained much more power...meaning none knew what he was capable of now. Bubba on the other hand, was stupid. Think the evil version of Spaz in demon form...add the extra one hundred or so pounds/kilos...as well as a severe wound to the brain...that would be Bubba's description about spot on. It was kind of obvious that he knew only how to fight or kill. Other than that, all he did was drool like a mindless zombie and speak in gibberish.

"Hdefrfjhvrgrgo!!! Anfdkdfffbos!!!"

"Just shut up you idiot! Get out in front! Close combat is your job! Tear through enemy lines like that stupid Jackrabbit goes through a dopefish!"

Bubba stood there for a few minutes, before the words slowly clicked together in his tiny brain. Spinning like a top to the front ranks, Blisy hit himself in the face with his hand with frustration, while Devan simply shook his head. No matter how many times he adjusted his army, there was always bound to be at least ONE idiot. But he didn't need to be reminded at his vicious nature. He did his job with brutality, somewhat evening out the stupidity factor.

A flying bat landed down on Devan's arm. It let out a few screechs, before Devan grabbed it with his hand and choked the life out of it in a fit of anger. It seemed someone was waiting for them...they knew they were coming...before a chance was issued to search for the final piece. He was informed that it was a piece of Dark Matter. A rare material that was used to forge Dark Weapons. Dropping the body and staring at it with contempt, he ordered his troops to advance.

In the Captial...

"You must leave this place! A huge army is coming this way...they won't hesitate to kill you! Go! Go!" Joshua yelled over a microphone.

People raced to thier cars/transports, raced out of the city quite quickly. Not one person was left. Most knew about Joshua Lightwalker freeing them from S.P.I.K.E a few years ago. Joshua stood in the City Square, in a suit of his own armour. Normally reserved for important occasions, he wore his cyber armor...something told him that something powerful was heading this way...and he wasn't willing to risk it. Of course, it shone in the color of the four elements, gleaming brightly in the midday sun.

"Jazz...Anyone else here? That new guy I saw on the records...I haven't seen him yet..." Joshua muttered.

"...He's probably got a cloaking device on...or something. Now...we're gonna fry some turtles or what?" Jazz asked confidently.

Joshua drew his swords, putting a large grin. He nodded in response before he charged forward down the street to the south. Many tall buildings became a blur as he picked up speed...before he began to let his body spin like a bullet in a gun. The front ranks were completly decimated, torn to shreds as soon as Joshua ripped past them. His attack was cut short when a stream of laser fire stopped his progress.

Many turtles began to surround him, each quickly felled by Joshua's blades. Green slime sprayed around him as he continued to make his way through the enemy lines. A few stray blaster shots hit his armor, but it merely scratched the surface. The armor reflected sun-light into his foes eyes, causing them

At the North side of the City, Joshuwa and Devil Dinah were blasting away the numerous reptiles that tried to past with deadly magic, both fought together closely, neither leaving each other's side. Many bodies around them fell swiftly to thier spells, as well as Joshuwa's swords. Devil Dinah was doing the best she could when an enemy came too close, but Joshuwa usually leapt in to save her if it got to dangerous...

The East Side of the City...A small squad of soldiers marched forward to intercept thier foes. Sensing thier fear from afar, Joshua used the Force to give them courage, to remind the why they were here to fight. Strange enough, the East Side was attacked the least. Very little enemies attempted to break through, the soldiers quickly managed to blast them with thier rifles. After half an hour of fighting, they stood there, cheering loudly with victory. No enemies approached, but they continued to stand guard.

At the West...Things were looking rather grim. Sugar, Angel Dinah and Norn were under a vicious attack from some of Devan's Elite. The sheer numbers against them had already begun to slowly take it's toll. Despite thier best efforts to force them back with magic, more soldiers continued to break through thier ranks. The three girls looked at each other with a face of determination, continued to fight.

Adis was ordered to stay hidden somewhere safe, but to call someone immediantly if she was spotted. Her fighting skills were quite bad...make that terrible. Trembling slightly from the increasing sounds of laser fire on all sides, she withdrew deeper into the shadows. Time passed, the large sounds began to die down...except to the West...explosions seemed to shake violently through the ground, before a blur of speed raced in the direction...

Joshua's face was slightly bruised, his trousers were torn and singed from the laser fire, he continued to race towards where the army seemed to be hitting it's hardest. In fact, Norn, Angel Dinah and Sugar were on the brink of collapse. Laser fire was everywhere...to Joshua's horror, all three of them were hit, knocked to the ground. The scent of burning flesh wafted around Joshua, making everything begin to haze.

"No...I've got to..remain in control..."

Joshua leapt in front of the fallen three, quickly slashing with his swords as fast as he could. Blood and slime stained to road below, as the bodies began to pile up, Joshua felt more energy pulse through him, pushing him further...he continued his onslaught, with supporting fire from Jazz, he stood in the center of at least 200 bodies. The red and green ooze dripped down his armor, making him wince, before racing to the girl's sides.

Norn was still breathing, her left hand clutching her right arm. Blood poured down over her hand, staining her dress. Motioning to Jazz to help her to her feet, they made thier way back to Gaming Force HQ. Norn murmered Joshua's name a few times before losing conciousness. Grinning bitterly, he looked down at Sugar and Angel Dinah. Both were unconcious...he went to check Dinah's pulse, only to grabbed around the waist. Angel Dinah looked up at Joshua, smiling, despite the wound in her leg, she looked at him with happiness.

"Not now Dinah...We have to get you treated...Your safety comes first...Devil Dinah? I know it's a bit much...but could you help her back? Me and Joshuwa still have to clear out the city if anyone else remains." Joshua asked.

Devil Dinah reluctantly nodded, had Angel Dinah lean on her for support before they made thier way back. Joshuwa looked at Joshua with concern, who was kneeling next to Sugar. Her wound...it had seemed to hit her straight in the chest. She didn't move. Her body was pale and cold. Her blood ran down her black top and white skin, making Joshua shudder. He grabbed Sugar's shoulders.

"Sugar? Can you hear me? Sugar! Wake up! C'mon!" Joshua yelled.

Nothing. She didn't move. Her cold body lay there, the blood had stopped flowing. Joshua gently held her in his arms, looking at the wound. Her pink hair seemed to lose some of it's glow. Perhaps she was...in a coma...or something...Joshua thought. Joshuwa stood over him, shaking his head.

"She's gone...Joshua. Come. We must leave..."

"No. No! I won't give up! Live, darn it! Sugar! Don't go! I'm not going to let you die yet! There's still time! Joshuwa! There's something in my backpack! It looks like a feather. Pass it to me quickly!" Joshua ordered.

Joshuwa rumaged through Joshua's backpack. His hand came across something soft. He showed it to Joshua. The feather had a dull covering, making it look uninteresting. Snatching it from his hands, he placed it on Sugar's chest. He looked at Sugar, her body hadn't changed. The feather began to change color. It shone brightly like a rainbow, before it vanished, the energy was released into Sugar's body.

"Sugar..."

Joshua leaned over her, looked at her with a tear in his eye, before kissing her gently. Her body moved. Eyes opened. Her life had been restored. Sugar looked down at Joshua who was crying softly, his arms wrapped around her. She moved a hand up to his tearfilled face, wiping them away, before smiling. Joshua managed to give a small grin before a small series of chuckles could be heard. Joshua helped Sugar to her feet, drew his swords and faced the direction of the laughter.

"I thought you were stronger than that, Ultimate Gamer. Perhaps you have let your feelings get the best of you. All the more reason for me to laugh at your pathetic attempts to stop us. We came here...for the Dark Matter. Step aside and we will spare you the disaster to come..." the voice echoed through the shadows.

"Sugar...get out of here...Get Jazz...Go!" Joshua whispered.

"But..."

Joshua looked at Sugar with a face of sorrow. He may have saved her life once, but he feared he may not be able to do it again. She nodded reluctantly before running of to Gaming Force HQ. Joshuwa approached the voice, his own filled with annoyance and anger.