View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2007, 10:47 PM
"Long time...Jazz...Jackrabbit. It seems you're quite persistant when it comes to tracking me down...It matters not. Your time is running out. I've got a plasma blaster aimed right at your head...and I'm willing to pull the trigger...Any last words?" Devan smirked evily.

A Force Wave rippled past Devan, flinging him into a nearby wall. He brushed off the dirt and pebbles on his skin, before realising Joshua had regained conciousness, missing his cap and a small surge of energy around him, Devan opened fire. The blasts simply collided into Joshua's open palm, dissapating the deadly energy into nothing. Jazz leapt to his feet, while Joshuwa placed his right sword in it's sheath.

"Three against one, 'Shell Beak.' You should run." Joshua snickered.

Devan looked around, the odds seemed stacked against him...No matter. An evil genius always had a Plan B...

"Haaaaaarrrgh!"

Devan created a large veil of fire which surrounded his body. The heat caused made the three back away. It was quite intense. Devan's body started to change...two wings...a demonic tail...two horns...Devil Devan floated before them, an overpowering wave of flame began to billow down the road, incinerating anything it touched. Realising Adis was still asleep, Joshua raced off towards her, the flames growing hotter.

"Seems he's abandoned you to your fate...Some hero...And I SO did want to crush him with my own powers...No matter. The death of you two fools will suffice!" Devil Devan bellowed.

Rearing his head back, inhaling a lot of air...before he released a huge storm of flames. Everything around Jazz and Joshuwa caught alight instantly, burning to ashes. The sheer heat began to take it's toll, causing the heroes to sweat, thier bodies drying up. Devil Devan simply floated in front of them, smiling wickedly as he lashed his tail at them. The attack hit with the intended force. Both were sent into the burning flames, letting out yells of pain.

"Pitiful...Now for...Eh?!"

A large tornado began to hurtle straight towards the flames, sucking them up, before smothering out the flames with a heavy cloud of dust. Many of the buildings stopped burning, saved from being turned into rubble. After the heat died down, the tornado stopped...revealing a somewhat dizzy Joshua. Letting out a laugh at Joshua's apparent patheticness, this gave Joshua enough time to vanish, re-appear in front of Devan and stab him in the chest.

Blood sprayed over the both of them, staining Joshua's armor, who twisted his sword tightly, making Devan shrink back from the blade. He floated in mid-air before Joshua, laughing. To his horror, the wound instantly healed over, causing our hero to stumble back in surprise.

"I've gained a few tricks over the years...fool. Like...THIS ONE!"

Devan moved his arm in a violent gesture, a large column of flame enveloped Joshua, obscuring his view before a large claw grabbed through the fire, tightening it's grip around Joshua's throat. Lifted high into the air, laughter echoing around him. Devan's breath created heated blasts of wind to collide into his prisoner, making him abandon his armor to keep cool. Sweat poured down his body before Devan's head lashed forward, biting into his left side.

"Nnngh....Nnaaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!" Joshua yelled in pain.

Devan crunched down on his victim's bones, causing some to shatter, bursting blood vessels, his flesh to be torn by the jagged teeth which pierced into him. Blood flowed from Devan's mouth, a look of triumph and disappointment. His foe seemed to be holding back. Releasing his grip on Joshua, he lifted his barely concious body up to his face, a sinister smile stared Joshua in the face, which made him angry.

"Always...Liked to play dirty...Huh, 'Shell...Beak?'" Joshua managed to laugh.

Devan's face turned from satisfaction to anger. He simply threw Joshua out of his grasp, sending him hurtling over the horizon. Jazz and Joshuwa watched helplessly as Devan simply opened up the Earth beneath him, a dark, twisted material as dark as oblivion itself in his grasp. Turning on the wounded heroes, he left. Triumphant.