View Single Post

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Oct 18, 2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Nice ideas, Speeza!

Also, make "community forums" one link rather than text and a link.
I think it isn't meant to read "community forums". Forums, downloads, articles, links and 'other' are community parts of the website, while the cateogries left of the word 'community' are about the game (as indicated by the word 'game').

I think another way the website could keep this horizontal menu bar is by placing the 'game' and 'community' parts on two seperate lines. This frees up some space to unfold the (rather ugly) 'other' menu. Also, the website could make better use of the width of modern displays.

As you can see here, hardly anyone still uses 800x600-like resolutions; the most-used is 1024x768, which is quickly losing popularity. In some parts of the world 1024x768 is already no longer the most-used resolution and 800x600 doesn't even have a graph of its own anymore (see the drop-down list at the bottom). So I think it's okay to re-shape the website so it would be 1200 pixels wide, which should be enough to list all site categories in a simple 2-line horizontal bar, without any need to build a difficult-to-navigate sub-sub-submenu system.