View Single Post

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Jul 4, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, Rad's asked me to do a few DM posts. I'm taking the first three commands as they don't conflict with each other.

Fed up with the dissatisfying properties of water on solid matter, and geometric crystals in general, I stormed into the empty room to the West, took out the crystal I had recently obtained and, in an uncharacteristically violent fit of rage, smacked it as hard as I could with my spear. The crystal merely slid across the floor until it hit the icey wall. Then it stopped.
"Beautiful," said Araches as she and Uberbob suddenly walked in. "That gesture said more than words ever could."
"Fawriel, that was an ITEM!" Uberbob cried, apparently deeply offended by my actions. "We don't attack our items, we hold onto them until they help us solve a puzzle, or we trade them to the invisible gremlins for something better!"
The simple-minded rabbit walked over to the gem and cradled it in his arms like a newborn baby. Araches watched with a look of disgust and loathing, then gathered herself together and turned back to me.
"In his own stupid way, he has a point. We probably need the gems to get out of here."
"Yeah, yeah," I replied, utterly exasperated, and just a little bit tired. I then noticed that the Archmage was no longer in their company, and decided to voice this revelation. "Hey, where's Fooruman?"
"He's back in the other room, playing Tarot with the fountain or something," Araches replied.
"Oh, okay," I said. "Well, if you'll excuse me I have to go touch the sleeping bag in that other room."
Araches raised an eyebrow. "Why?"
"It just feels right."
Araches then, quite forcefully, slapped me across the face. With my face being numb from the cold, it took about five seconds for me to feel the blow at all. I rubbed my cheek with my empty hand, trying to massage feeling back into it, then looked up at Araches.
"Thank you," I said.
"Don't mention it."

Having been assaulted back into sanity, I strode one room west, into another glowy-floored, dome-shaped and icey chamber. Lying on the floor were two crystals: one was like a poofy triangle, while the other looked like a drop of water. Resisting the rising urge to stab them with my spear, I walked over to the enigmatic crystals and knelt down beside them, reciting all the clues we had gathered thus far in my mind.
I then got an idea. After carefully laying down my spear, I took the drop-shaped crystal in my hand, rotated it so the point was facing left, and, very carefully, lifted it up off the ground while keeping the faces constant. No sooner had I lifted it more than an inch off the ground did an ice-cold spike rise lightning-fast out of the ground, and impale me, much like the meat on the kabob I had brought from the mansion for sustainance. I knew there was irony in there somewhere, but either my frustration or the loss of large quantities of blood was keeping me from finding it.

Inventory
Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag Crystal

Last edited by Dev; Jul 4, 2006 at 10:06 PM.