View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 18, 2006, 07:51 PM
Apologies, everyone D=. I was on vacation... from this thread, that is. I'll try to up the posting rate again.
Anyway, as much fun as it would be to narrate Faw thinking out Wallace's plan and meticulously acting it out, Minmay brings up a very good point in post 357.

I suddenly felt about two pages worth of new ideas flowing into my now thoroughly confused mind. "L33tz4n," I proposed, "since we are probably going to keep getting hurt - or I am, anyway - why don't you summon the Arabian War Acupuncturist to handle healing?"
"You're going to heal stab wounds by stabbing yourself?" she asked, looking more confused by the idea than I was.
In all truthfulness I was rather confused by the entire concept of a war acupuncturist. From what I understood and experienced in our previous conflicts, he would zip around and stab people to heal them. "Well, yeah. It helped in our last encounter."
"Good point. Okay."
L33tz4n waved her hand and the Acupuncturist materialized before us in a whirlwind of magical sand. As usual, he was clad in loose clothing and wore an ornate turban. He drew two thin needles from his belt, turned to L33tz4n, and asked "Whehr ehr my skehls required, summonehr?"
"Oh... nowhere yet," I answered for her, "but I'm presuming we'll need you in the next few minutes." The Acupuncturist bowed and retreated to the back of the group.
Araches thought for a moment. "I'm noticing our group can be divided into three main groups, with occasional overlap: old people, insane people, and disgruntled women."
"Where am I?" I asked.
"Disgruntled women."
I didn't get it, but laughed anyway.

Pretty soon, the voices came back. They wanted me to do stupid things. One was telling me to give more stuff to Uberbob. For a moment I thought maybe the rabbit was psychically influencing me or something, until a voice started asking me to slap him. I lightly shook my head and decided that the voices were best ignored. I silently began thinking about the poem I had seen on the wall.
"Time passes as one approaches the end... maybe we're supposed to sleep until the end of the day," I proposed.
"How do we know when that is?" Shuriken asked.
I shrugged. "What time did it look to be when we were at the Birdclaw mansion?"
"We were at the north pole," L33tz4n pointed out, "it's dark half the year."
"Okay... Let's just sleep until we're not tired anymore." With that, I unrolled the sleeping bag, laid it on the ground, and climbed in. Everyone watched intently, then looked at each other.
"Do you want me to hurt you if you're acting too much like Uberbob?" Araches asked.
"Yes please." She kicked me hard in the back of the neck. It hurt a lot. "Okay," I said, getting back up, "thanks."

Inventory

Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag Crystal