View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Dec 18, 2014, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
This is going in circles. I don't think updating the site's look is a bad idea - I've written about that earlier - and I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're not thinking about this the right way. To give you an idea of what would be required to actually make this happen, you need to take into account that there's a lot of factors involved:

- We'd need to have a clear idea of what the new site should look like. This takes time to develop and needs to take into account the variety of pages the site currently has (downloads, a wiki, news, user pictures, a forum, et cetera) - all need to fit within the new look. All you've shown so far is a site that, to be honest, looks rather amateurish. The issue has been debated in the thread I just linked and other places, so there is a starting point of sorts, but we're a long way from a coherent design to implement.

- Someone actually needs to make the design happen within your browser. In this day and age that is a big project as site designs need to work across a variety of devices, screen sizes and browsers. Furthermore, every single page on the site (and there are a lot of different pages) would probably need an update to make it fit the new look. This takes a lot of time and coordination.

- Just "it's old" is not a valid reason to push for an update that, as I explained, takes a lot of effort to develop. If you want to help developing a new look, point out the areas in which the current site design is lacking. That way, if someone is going to work on a new design, there is a list of things to keep in mind and focus on. Changing it just for change's sake is not a good idea, or at least not worth the effort.
I can do a sketch of what I imagine but nothing more. Sorry for bothering then, but how do you expect more people visiting the website if it has the same old boring design? Nothing dynamic, just looks like an old newspaper. Also small pictures and writing, too formal font, etc. Also, "http://www.jazz2online.com/gip/" doesn't work anymore (at least not for me). I'd talk a little bit more, but I have to go to school.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz