View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 1, 2019, 04:10 PM
Aww sweet, thank you! This was a fun little project to work on and now I can be satisfied that all four RaneforusV variants have been used at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
cooba[si]: it's violet as fuck
Yes, true, I can think of some things that I have definitely played with before. In my defense, I intentionally pushed myself to use copters.

Quote:
cooba[si]: from red to blue
Recycled from an idea I had recently for a (much smaller) CTF level similar to One Spot or Undulation... the idea was there'd be trigger crates somewhere in the level which could be used to decide whether the warp would go to the blue base or the red base, so you'd need to coordinate with your teammates in order to score. Which base the warp was pointed at would be reflected in the colors of the level. The trouble with that idea was that at all the most crucial moments, both teams are headed for the same base, so there probably wouldn't be as much conflict as I wanted.

Besides that, the color change makes a lot more sense in the SILVER variant, where it tells you whether you're going to jail or not if you die.

Quote:
cooba[si]: the layout is slightly confusing admittedly
My best advice here, oddly, is to look at the eyecandy. Different tiers of the level use slightly different graphics (scaffolding; trees; springs; technoir background; waterfalls) to help you tell at a glance where you are.

Quote:
PurpleJazz: the background feels very sonic-y
Scripting the searchlight may owe a bit to Stardust Speedway, but otherwise, if I had anything particular in mind it was probably Technology.

Other inspirations I would probably be remiss in mentioning are Helldome for sort of the bottom hemisphere; Divide and Conquer for the coin jail; Pollution for layer 1; that one Diamondus level that was sort of a precursor to plusSeasons for the trees dropping leaves; and an amalgamation of multiple levels using xlmdamn3 for the layout in general.