View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 22, 2015, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the reports. Most of them we intend to fix (and most of those we already knew of) so I'd just like to address some misconceptions in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakerNL View Post
1. Since servers don't always relist anymore after using certain commands, I saw CD3 with 6/16 players. When trying to join, I got an "Network Error: server is full" message. It appears that the server was full (6/6) on list2, but not full (6/16) on list1. The same counts for server names as well.
This has to be discussed with Nimrod and not us. For all I know, the state of things is that Nimrod had promised to update to new level list software after 5.0 is released but never actually did so. Not necessarily out of bad will, the most likely case is that nobody nudged him about it, because zepect, who was the main originator of list software changes and kept in touch with list administrators, became inactive before the 5.0 release. If you wish to receive valid server list information, list2 is currently the best choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakerNL
5. I used to keep wallclimbing enabled and saved it like that in plus.ini. This isn't possible with /quirks. Every time when I start JJ2, I have to activate quirks mode manually, because it won't be saved in plus.ini.
That's true, and the reasoning behind it is that quirks mode is a hindrance in more circumstances than it's not. A solution I'd see would be storing a list of server addresses that quirks should be enabled on in plus.ini, or letting servers select the default setting for the player the moment they join, because the setting does seem very server-specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakerNL
6. When spaz jumps and buttstomps, but double jumps right after buttstomping, it doesn't make the double jump sound anymore. (I don't care if this won't be fixed, since it's not important, but just wanted to point it out.)
If you mean double jump during initializing buttstomp, from what I recall it's no longer possible - not just the sound but the jump as a whole. There was no use for it and it was an annoying way to unintentionally lose the possibility of double jump - which, on the other hand, could be useful in certain conditions, such as when the buttstomp ends by hitting a destructible object and requires a further double jump. We see it as an improvement more than anything.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.