View Single Post

JCF Member

GLaDOS is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Two-part answer:
1) Invincibility and blinktime are separate properties, the one of which is exposed to AngelScript and the other of which is not.
That's interesting, I didn't know that was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
2) Player objects have far, far more properties than you see in AngelScript, not all of which are of much use; the current collection was chosen somewhat haphazardly, and we're figuring out which ones shouldn't have been left out as we go along.
With the enormous size of the player structure, having to leave out a lot of the properties is understandable. I just hope that the properties/functions that are being suggested will eventually be added to the API.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Reputation (-8)
calm down and sit on your ass
Seriously? I asked about opening a separate thread for my suggestions in case this thread was spammed by me with suggestions too much, and I offered to help out with improving JJ2+'s AngelScript API (C++er here), but it does not seem like anyone of the dev team is interested in letting me help. Now the only way to contribute is for me to suggest features and their implementations in this thread, the reason I am posting so many in such a short time is because I am working on a relatively large multiplayer project using AS right now. So, instead of tolerating or at least ignoring the fact that someone here is trying to help the developer team make the AS API more feature-complete despite not being part of the team, this kind of complaint is the response I get?
Receiving random unbased hate from members who stay anonymous is easily one of the most demotivating things about posting on JCF; this is a case of complete anonymity just making things much worse.

Edit 2: Above rant on reputation is now invalid; reputation system has since been improved. Doesn't make the person who gave it to me less of an idiot though.

Last edited by GLaDOS; May 5, 2013 at 03:32 PM.