View Single Post
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Jun 24, 2002, 06:02 AM
Sureal VI: Future

Yea, well, whaddya know, after days of poking and proding and telling me to hurry up by my peers, the next installment thingy in the Sureal saga is up. Reply peoples, or I won't write anymore.

SUREAL: FUTURE
by Kovu aka Alec

Author's Notes: Nothing really important, the continuingly unpopular Sureal series flourishes, mainly being egged on by one or two lone individuals. Check out Defalcon's companion story! Rating: Probably PG, although maybe PG-13, make the judgement yourself.

EPISODE I:
Beyond the Inky Blackness

When Teross was erased at Apollyon, they thought it was forever. It was not. Somehow he slipped through the narrow passageways of the time-space continum, and created a new universe, where he existed. He found Knnryshaa, a peaceful planet, one of those chronicled in the Tome of History written by the most Ancient ones. It was inhabited by the Knn, a massive, though slow and kindhearted people. He slaughtered thousands. Those that remained where in terror, rather than rage. And they were his to command. He found something else on Knnryshaa. Something that dated back to a story millenia past. The Esem, inhabitants of the Western Quadrant of the galaxy, and one of the three descendence of an ancient unknown race known as Humans, emitted powerful psionic waves and could bend the minds of other intelligent beings to their will. And if they were ever killed, they became the demonic soul hunters known as Esx. The Czm, a catlike race from another galaxy which rules the Eastern Quadrant, were so afraid of their power that they lead a holy crusade, obliterating their colonies with their technological might. When they arrived at their homeworld, they used a powerful ship to create a radiation belt around the planet, allowing no ships to enter and no ships to leave. They then dumped this warfleet and the radiation creating ship on the planet Knnryshaa, burying them under mountains, hoping noone would find them. Teross did. And with an army and a mighty warfleet, he moved to wreck revenge upon those who had obliterated his past, before they were born. He went to Carrottous, and encased it in the radiation bubble. The economy, the technology, and the people of Carrottous collapsed. Teross then methodically obliterated Carrottian colonies and outposts. It was not until twenty years later he moved to finish the job. Through a wierd series of events, they arrived at an ancient world, and Teross was killed by a random flying bar as his ship collapsed, becoming mortal by fettering too long the the physical plane without returning to the other planes. That is the history of the beggining to the end of the universe.

Seraph strode proudly down the steel hallways of the Carrottous dressed in her favorite white attire, a white cape billowing, and her all white fur, made her appear as a ghost, if not for her black boots and gloves, the characteristic red under-shirt and under-cape of Ontranaught uniforms, and the unmistakable symbol of the Alliance emblazoned on her uniform. Fate was apparently not blind, the Seraph in the Original universe led an unremarkable, unimportant and aristocratic life, so little of it's being was imposed on the Seraph from the universe After Teross' defeat, when the two contiuums became one, she was the same, cautious, leaderly, and proud.
After walking the endless corridors, Seraph finally arrived at her destination. A thick steel door at the end of a hallway with the word 'War Room' stenciled on it. She entered a code on the keypad and the door opened with a satisfying thiisssh. She strode into the large room, that had maps, diagrams, blueprints and holoscreens all lying about. A form, with a similair caped uniform and billowing purple hair, stood staring out into the swirling vortex of AlternateSpace.
"Aldan?" Aldan turned slowly to face Seraph. He didn't look the same as he did in 2799, well over thirty years past.
He was fifty, but since Carrottians can live to be three-hundred, he was equivalent to the age of thirty in hundred year living races. Not to mention the fact that his physical form was still being substained by the ebbing prescence of Sparif. But still, he was not the young rabbit he had been during the times of the first clan of Ontranaught. Though he had little phyisical change, prehaps a few grey hairs, his soul was old and tired and jaded. He'd seen six wars, two changes in the temporal fabric in the universe, four upheavals of the Carrottian govermental structure, the oncomming of angelic assasins and the assault of a rebelling Demon general, and the death of so many loved ones. Prehaps not physically, but mentally, he was certaintly no longer young, he was very, very old.
"Ah, Seraph, excellent! I'm glad you came so quickly."
"No trouble. But why did you call me?"
"Because I will need your expert experiance." Seraph looked puzzled.
"We are heading to the planet known as Grey, atleast, that's what I've been hearing it's called. You know it better as Ortegas IV." Seraph gasped.
"The planet of the Blue Turtles. But how did you know about it?"
"It exists in both universes. As for it's name and it's incredible importance, I had some help in that department." Aldan smiled, then called out,
"Alldeequek." Seraph turned to see a bizarre, luminous being walk into the middle of the room. It had two arms, and a mouthless face with piercing yellow eyes, and it's legs seemed to be a singular cylinder as it moved along without appearing to exert itself. It's body was brilliantly bright, and seemed to be made of pure energy.
"Greetings, Seraph, how are you?" The being called out psyhically, with more psychic power than anything Seraph had felt before. It moved through her mind and soul with a genuine curiosity, and talked to her in whispers of thought. Finally, the being left her mind, feeling how uncomfortable she was having her mind read like a book.
"I apologize." The being, Alldeequek, said in the same psychic tone, such as Seraph had heard in only one other being.
"Who are you?" Seraph asked, awed and confused all at once.
"He is one of the Ancient ones, the oldest species in our universe, known as the Askoolu, the oldest of the old. He's come here to help us."
"We are the ones who have fought the Demon scourge in this plane for billions of years, keeping them in the dark places between galaxies, where they could do no harm to...child...races such as yourself. No offense is meant."
"None taken." Seraph returned, realizing a short time later that she was making a statement on behalf of all the life in the galaxy. Then, she posed a question.
"Are you the beings of light of which the turtles spoke on that planet."
"No, we are not the true beings of light, we are not the Ahn'gell, or Angels as they have been come to known here."
"Are they comming?"
"Not yet, they can only manifest themselves in this plane once every thousand years, and they are trying to amass their forces to the point that they won't have to return for support to the astral planes. We are merely, their children, the next best thing. We will be aiding you in this war." Seraph was about to open her mouth again, but Alldeequek spoke up first, knowning what she was going to say.
"You must return to the planet known as Grey, because there lay the Data-bank." Seraph was about to pose another question, but in like, Alldeequek spoke up before she could speak.
"The data-bank is the store of all the information that has transpired in this plane for the past nineteen billion years. The history of the first billion years of existance is lost due to the fact that the Demons took control of that data. You are going there to move that data, as we, the Askoolu, have reason to believe that Grey will fall under Demon control at some point in the near future. However, we cannot help you in this endevour, this is something you must do." Alldeequek turned, and then said,
"And before you say anything, yes, I am leaving, but we will meet again." And with that, he left. Only a few seconds later, the comm. beeped in.
"Leader, the Askoolu ship just left the docking bay and went off in a seprate direction in Alternatespace."
"Thank you, Aldan out." Seraph just walked around abit, in an amazed state.
"Well, that certainly made things more intresting..."
"Indeed it did." Aldan commented, as Seraph went out the door.
"One more thing." Seraph turned around to face him again.
"Our forces are amassed above Tubelectric, we're about to make an assault on the relatively unguarded Demon outpost of Iridani II, it may be the first victory we have in this war, after losing 20% of our territory already.
"Great, inform me of what happens."
"Ofcourse."
-Kosh, Babylon 5