View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Jan 23, 2003, 02:20 PM
Post Pre-defined CTF Level Contest

Yet another contest. Why? Just because I'm a copycat and I like CTF levels a lot. I'm going to try this out and see what happens. This is like Stripe's contest, but with a few twists.

The differences:

1.) This contest requires your level to be 125x70. In JCS, the Blue base must be placed at 15,40 and the Red base at 111,40 (it doesn't matter which way they face). You can only use one full energy carrot (and no other carrots) at position 63,40. Everything else you can do whatever you want.
2.) Use triggers any way you want to. Team based routes, jails, etc...
3.) I won't be judging this. At least not exactly. The people themselves and a panel of judges will. I'll set aside a week for voting after the deadline.

Other things you might want to know:

Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2003 at 12:00 noon (GMT). All levels must be in by that date and no exceptions. You can email it, IM it, PM it, upload it to a website then give the link to me--any way you can get it to me. I have MSN (blurredd@hotmail.com), ICQ (129948993), AIM (blurredd), and IRC (I'm usually in #JJ2 or #JCStalk as either BlurredD or blur[semi-idle]). Your best bet is to email it to me at blurredd@hotmail.com since there's a good chance I won't be online.

Voting Week: From February 22 to February 28. Currently all entries will be voted on twice: by the people, and by our panel of judges. The panel of judges will not know the results of the poll voted on by the public and vice versa. When the contest entries are voted on, all authors will remain anonymous. The public will be able to download and vote on all entries in another thread on JCF. A few things you need to know: No one can betatest your level. No one can even see it. And I would appreciate it if no one says who made what level to anyone else just to keep this contest as fair as possible. Winners will be annouced on March 1.

Prizes: Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong and everything is fair, I will give out a prize: $10 for the winner of the popular vote and $15 for the winner of the vote by the panel of judges. Any contest entry can win both prizes. I'm also considering a prize for the most original CTF level. You'll find out how much that prize is after the contest is over.

Additional info:

If you want to make a level in TSF, go ahead, but it can't be voted on in the public poll since not everyone has TSF. However, a TSF level could still win some prize money if it is chosen by the judges and/or if it is the most original CTF level.

BTW, you get to do all your own money conversions. I can't really help it at the moment. You should be happy you're getting a prize. If you have any questions, post them in this thread.

And please be honest when you're voting. Thanks.

Last edited by blurredd; Jan 24, 2003 at 10:50 AM.