View Single Post

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Feb 15, 2013, 11:57 PM
AngelScript Requests & Help

Since there is no thread like this yet, I've decided to make one. This thread is about requests for scripts and help with JJ2 AngelScript. You can post requests for scripts you want to use in your level and ask people for help when something is not working with your code or you don't know if something is executeable.

There are a few rules/guidelines for posting:
  • When your code is long use a spoiler or link to the code instead.
  • Stay on topic, that also means no discussions about what should be added to jj2+ (there is another thread for that).
  • You can post critics about another code, just make sure this is really going to improve the code and not just changes the style of coding. Also if your code is criticized don't start a flamewar, let others decide if the critics are justified.
  • Be specific with what you want, if you want a frog to fly don't forget to mention how it will fly (i.e. floating at one tile or following the player like a bird).
  • If you know how to code consider asking for pseudocode instead, it is more likely people respond to pseudocode requests.
  • If your code is level specific consider posting the level.
Know that some requests are too hard/long or people don't always have motivation or time to spend to help you. Personally I don't mind to create some codes for other people, so don't think you shouldn't post because noone is going to help you
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

Last edited by Foly; Feb 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM.