View Single Post
incandescentembers

JCF Member

incandescentembers is doing well so far

Mar 15, 2014, 12:37 AM
Let me create a post with bunch of large questions regarding the possibilities of Angel Script (some of them I've already asked in SWAG thread, but I don't want to make more offtopings). I'm sorry if some of that was already explained, I just want to put all my ambiguities together. I will really appreciate if someone will take his time and patience and will give me exhaustive answers for all of these points:
  1. Can you modify the JCS with the AngelScript? For example: can you add more layers (that would be super useful for people who love making BIG tilesets, so they wouldn't have to worry about including same tiles for million times just with different backgrounds)

2. Is there any way to somehow incorporate enemies' behaviors from JJ1? For example I love that mechanic snake from Orbitus in JJ1 and I would love to see that creature in JJ2. His movements seem to be very simple. The graphics for all JJ1 enemies are availible freely on the web. It looks to me like an easy job for someone who knows coding. Am I wrong?

3. How enemies work in JJ2 anyways? I know that there are some enemies that don't work properly, and there are some dublets just with different graphics (like Lizard and Lizard Xmas, etc.). Is there a way to add more custom enemies (and by this I mean like real ENEMIES or BOSSES that are easy to place in JCS for noobs like me who don't know any fancy coding, not some inventions like flying Pharao-rabbit from Ozymandius) to JJ2 (doing some coding, hacking or something like that) or the limitations don't allow that? If not, it is still possible to just replace the existing ones, right? By modifying their behaviors and graphics?

4. Is there anyway to transfer some objects from JJ1 to JJ2? I think the most interested thing was the shield, the idea of diamonds floating around the rabbit, and losing each one after getting hit.

Also I think in my head that theoretically it is possible to add the large +15 gun circles from JJ1. With the sprite editor you could modify the graphics of the JJ2 gun screens, and then somehow modify the sound. Does this sounds right?

5. Is there any way to set up that after killing a boss you won't finish the level and can go on playing the same level the boss was in?

6. Is there any way to set up that after warping the coin-warp the coins won't change into diamonds?

7. Is there any way to set up bonus levels? For example by collecting certain ammount of diamonds (what are they for anyways in JJ2? I always thought that for some kind of bonus stages, since they are even counted at the end of each level!).

8. Is there any way to set up the secret level system to work correctly?

9. Is there any way to elminate sugar rushes, especially that annoying music, which destroys the atmosphere of the level by stopping it's music and jumping with that not-fitting 20 seconds of madness?

10. Is there any way to change the ammo limit to 999, just like in Jazz 1? 99 seems veeeeeery little...