View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 15, 2014, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incandescentembers View Post
Can you modify the JCS with the AngelScript? For example: can you add more layers (that would be super useful for people who love making BIG tilesets, so they wouldn't have to worry about including same tiles for million times just with different backgrounds)
AngelScript doesn't modify anything but level gameplay. JCS, J2L and JJ2 don't support more than 8 layers. A visual illusion of more layers can be created with use of AngelScript functions jjCANVAS::drawTile and jjDrawTile but there may be slowdowns associated with this approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incandescentembers
Is there any way to somehow incorporate enemies' behaviors from JJ1? For example I love that mechanic snake from Orbitus in JJ1 and I would love to see that creature in JJ2. His movements seem to be very simple. The graphics for all JJ1 enemies are availible freely on the web. It looks to me like an easy job for someone who knows coding. Am I wrong?
I didn't play JJ1 but I can easily answer you can script nearly any enemy behavior you want and you cannot add any graphics at all unless you include them in the tileset. If they're present in the tileset, you can probably replicate any behavior as long as it doesn't involve external sounds as well, which there is no way to add.
Quote:
How enemies work in JJ2 anyways? I know that there are some enemies that don't work properly, and there are some dublets just with different graphics (like Lizard and Lizard Xmas, etc.). Is there a way to add more custom enemies (and by this I mean like real ENEMIES or BOSSES that are easy to place in JCS for noobs like me who don't know any fancy coding, not some inventions like flying Pharao-rabbit from Ozymandius) to JJ2 (doing some coding, hacking or something like that) or the limitations don't allow that? If not, it is still possible to just replace the existing ones, right? By modifying their behaviors and graphics?
If butterflies count. This question looks unclear to me because you appear to be specifically asking for modifying JJ2 and not anything related to scripting, and this is essentially a scripting thread. If this answers your question, JCS and JJ2 are limited to 256 events and the amount of behaviors is limited by a number so huge you can call it unlimited. Hacking JJ2 with a new project would be many times more difficult than scripting new enemies. JJ2+ won't add enemies on request because the amount of events is too limited and scripting is provided.
Quote:
Is there anyway to transfer some objects from JJ1 to JJ2? I think the most interested thing was the shield, the idea of diamonds floating around the rabbit, and losing each one after getting hit.

Also I think in my head that theoretically it is possible to add the large +15 gun circles from JJ1. With the sprite editor you could modify the graphics of the JJ2 gun screens, and then somehow modify the sound. Does this sounds right?
This was answered in the previous questions because objects and enemies are internally the same thing.
Quote:
Is there any way to set up that after killing a boss you won't finish the level and can go on playing the same level the boss was in?
Yes but there is no direct setting for that so it's hard to tell how difficult that is to do.
Quote:
Is there any way to set up that after warping the coin-warp the coins won't change into diamonds?
This was directly answered in the readme in the Global Properties section. Please read the manual before asking questions on forums.
Quote:
Is there any way to set up bonus levels? For example by collecting certain ammount of diamonds (what are they for anyways in JJ2? I always thought that for some kind of bonus stages, since they are even counted at the end of each level!).
Yes as long as you aren't specifically asking for 3D bonus stages like those JJ1 has. JJ2 doesn't use gems for anything but points. It was supposed to give you an extra life for every 100 gems but from what I recall they couldn't get the code to work correctly and it was commented out.
Quote:
Is there any way to set up the secret level system to work correctly?
It already does.
Quote:
Is there any way to elminate sugar rushes, especially that annoying music, which destroys the atmosphere of the level by stopping it's music and jumping with that not-fitting 20 seconds of madness?
Yes, it was done in No Way Out.
Quote:
Is there any way to change the ammo limit to 999, just like in Jazz 1? 99 seems veeeeeery little...
This was directly answered in the readme in the jjWEAPON section.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.