View Single Post
AvalancheMaster AvalancheMaster's Avatar

JCF Member

AvalancheMaster is doing well so far

Jul 17, 2014, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the answer.

A quick note: I meant that the snow uses the same palette entries as dirt, not dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
It depends on what you mean by "change an object behavior."
I want to change the behaviour of some enemies (though it seems that with the option for using palshifted jazz sprites gone, this one is off the list), and, more importantly, bullets & ammo pickups. Fastfire gives blaster ammo + fastfire, bouncers gives ammo + increased range, ice gives ammo + increased duration of freeze, and so on.

A minor change that I want to achieve is pal-shift some of the enemies, but if I understand correctly, you can palshift the whole image, and not some of the palette entries it uses.

Quote:
Not in 4.3. Well, you could use SPRITE::PALSHIFT, but it doesn't work with leftward facing sprites, and SPRITE::PLAYER would require that there actually be a player with the colors you want.
Woah. That's sad and unexpected. Why leftwards facing sprites are any different?

Quote:
Completely possible. For example, we use native JJ2 code to read from plus.j2d, changing the string embedded in Jazz2+.exe to read "plus.j2d" instead of "data.j2d" before the function gets called, and the same approach could be used for .j2a files too if that seemed like a good idea.
A future release? Or too much work?

Quote:
Not in 4.3.
Considered for next releases?

Those questions aside, it's good that LGR made this review, cause it made me come back to JJ2 (and finish stuff I was already working on). Which then made me realise that I have a ton of BG Warp suitable textures that might be useful for a next release. And I do mean "a ton".