View Single Post

JCF Member

Baggers is doing well so far

Feb 2, 2005, 01:11 PM
Groovy ! lots of comments, okidokey an update for you

* Firstly a personal one: I will not be working on this project from the 5-12th as I wont even have a computer, I’ve got training for my gap year and so I’ll be very busy, but you can be sure I'' be right back on track when i do get back, especially as one of the guys on the DarkBasic forums has just offered to make the jazz and spaz models, don’t know how great they’ll be but anything is better than my ball!...he's a great guy and has been programming WAY longer than me.

Back to suggestions
* Wow '?JSZ¿ JaZz!' you are just streaming ideas out here, very impressive though !...defiantly a good few of these are making it in...Which ones we shall see.
The idea of flying a missile is one I’ve wanted to use in a game for ages so ill try that one out (PLUS its really easy to code!)

* Graphics: @Odin ... I will definitely not make the graphics better as i cant, I will however get others to help me, and so yes we will have good graphics, If you want to make some models please say and ill be more than happy for you to join in...plus at the end this project is going to be open source so you can fiddle with any of the code (assuming you have darkbasicpro) and any of the models you like!

@all those commenting on bump mapping: I am not planning on bump mapping for a few reasons:
(1) Though it looks nice this is a home coding job and though while I could do it would be hard and VERY speed costly, I want as many people as possible to be able to play this game.
(2) Style wise... this is not DOOM3...doom3 did look fantastic however i don’t think we need it to have a perfect looking game, we would jus be sacrificing speed for a little eye candy that probably would not fit in.
(3) Has anyone got pictures or links to razz area, as last time i saw, the site was down.
(4) Um I cant remember what was to be in 4...never mind, on with the show

Thanks so much for the interest, I will probably post a few more times before training so i'll see you soon.